Notices

Been on another bender, over 3 weeks.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You can turn this around Unix, but it's not going to happen by chance, we need to get a plan together and go out and reach for that Sobriety with our decisions, our actions, our choices!!

You can do this, start today and make it happen!!
Old 01-30-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Unix, I'm glad you came back for some input & encouragement. You know we want to see you get free.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

curious how someone who has been on a drinking binge for THREE WEEKS and is going to stop "tomorrow" thinks they can just do it on their own without help? your Do It Yourself plan is not working. everyone plans to quit TOMORROW........
Old 01-30-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Please go to rehab, I have seen you go through this cycle too many times on here.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi UnixBer

I'm a smart resourceful and pretty astute kinda guy - but I couldn't theorise myself out of alcoholism.

Even the fact that you're 'starting tomorrow' suggests to me that your addiction has the upper hand here.

There is no weakness in admitting this is a bigger fight that you can win alone, and no shame in calling in some reinforcements.

but please do act - put down the bottle, reach out for support, make a plan, and make some serious life changing decisions.

You'll get out of your recovery what you put into it

D
Old 01-30-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Unixber

I just took some time to look through your threads from over the past few years. Obviously I can't read them all but it gave me an idea of your struggles.

One thing I am interested in. You are the first person that I have seen here who has waived his anonymity and had posted a photo. Without any judgement here.. I am really interested to know why you decide to post a photo(s).

Is it because it because you want us to know how bad you really are feeling? Is it because you want to remind yourself how bad you feel? Is it because you want to be treated like a real individual and not a "pseudo"? Some thing else? I am really interested to hear your reasons.

I can't offer any advice that has not already been offered here. I don't have a long period of sobriety behind me so I am in no position to give you anything other than some virtual support. What I can say is that I was one of those "rehab? I don't need rehab. Any way it's not an option" people. I very very quickly changed my mind and it was by far the best single decision I have made in the last decade.

Are you in the UK?

Just a final thought. Don't forget... Tomorrow never comes.

Fab.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the replies. It means a lot to me. Here's an inspirational song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaKc_zmtWqo
Old 01-31-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey UNIX! 3 weeks ago today I had to throw in the towel and go to a hospital, then a psych hospital, and then 18 days of treatment. We eventually get to that point with alcohol. I've tapered and quit many times but my brain, will and self care were overcome this last time. It's a dangerous place to be. Call somewhere-- when I did it I was frantic but ...that's just what booze does. Best wishes and great tune btw.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zombob View Post
Hey UNIX! 3 weeks ago today I had to throw in the towel and go to a hospital, then a psych hospital, and then 18 days of treatment. We eventually get to that point with alcohol. I've tapered and quit many times but my brain, will and self care were overcome this last time. It's a dangerous place to be. Call somewhere-- when I did it I was frantic but ...that's just what booze does. Best wishes and great tune btw.
Great you overcame the dilemma and grabbed that phone. Some are not that lucky, and many die for that reason too (not grabbing that phone). Glad you liked the tune.