Notices

Day 5 -

Old 01-28-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 -

Slept properly last night and woke up looking and feeling pretty good. Long work day, got kinda moody mid afternoon. Not anxious as much as just kind of blue. Walked home talking to my best friend (who lives far away) and my mom. That picked up my mood. Got home to roommate having drinks with a friend. They offered me wine which I easily turned down.

Think I'll call my doctor tomorrow to see about therapy.

Highlight was getting out of my boyfriend's work event on Saturday. I'm not ready. Easy to say no at home when two people are already drinking and I can just do my own thing. Not ready to be a "guest" and not drinking around people celebrating.

I wish I just felt a little less blah. Even googled "knitting groups" tonight ... Um no. But wanting to try new things. There's some lists called "try something new" - but I'm also in money saving mode.
I see myself spending a lot of time alone at home this winter. I've been doing that all week and I don't get bored or feel like drinking.

Having dinner and catch up with boyfriend tomorrow, Going hiking Saturday and hosting a brunch on Sunday. Then helping a friend move Sunday night. Lol and I still am looking for things to do.
I love writing letters so I think I'll write to some friends. Lol maybe I'll become an inmate penpal.

Loving my long walk home after work every night but I find myself looking at the people in the restaurants and cafes and they're all smiling and engaged and happy and I envy (and presume) their ability to be normal drinkers.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Water ,
therapy might be helpful , working out how to live sober can be pretty baffling and it helps to have someone to help guide us as to how to deal with stuff .

I look at people drinking nowadays and think *suckers* paying good money for a carcinogenic neuro-toxin with a huge advertising budget.
I've sat at those tables drinking and i know i was thinking how can i get a buzz on without anyone noticing , quite miserable and angsty about being sat with the dullards (as i saw it then) who seem to think one glass is enough !

keep on

m
Old 01-28-2016, 11:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome post Water I have done both group therapy in early recovery & recently completed some Cbt sessions which have helped

Excellent job on day 5
Old 01-28-2016, 11:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome post Water I have done both group therapy in early recovery & recently completed some Cbt sessions which have helped

Excellent job on day 5
Old 01-29-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well I think I would be starting therapy to deal with the issues that trouble me that I've used alcohol to try to escape feeling. Of course working recovery into my therapy but the purpose would be to deal with root cause and less having the focus being alcoholism.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 5 is fantastic Water!! Keep it going!!