Notices

Day 4 -

Old 01-27-2016, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 -

It's the end of the day and my emotions have been stable. Was on time for a ride to a meeting with my boss. My skin and colour looks better. I did a good day of work and ate an entire litre mason jar of my amazing soup.

Walked home around 7ish, passed one of my liquor stores only noting it because I had no desire to go in at all but remembering the hundreds of times I did.

Came home, made kale salad and made more of that liver detox stuff I was talking about yesterday. Read a cookbook and am trying to sleep on the couch tonight. Decided banana nut tea is revolting. Learned a perfect egg poach technique

Only thing that is neither a negative or a positive is I tried to talk to my SO about my past a bit (we don't live together yet) over text. He doesn't really do a very good job of listening I think because he doesn't understand how I could let my ex treat me so badly. Instead of getting mad at him for not listening, I said "okay I won't talk about this with you, I respect that. I love you and I hope you sleep well" - quite a different reaction than if I had have been drinking.

Anyway... It's not troubling me. (That I might have upset him when he's so good and so patient) Which is good. Usually I'd worry for hours.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Doing Great on 4 days Water!! be kind to yourself!
Old 01-29-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 4 is fantastic Water!! Keep it going!!
Old 01-29-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep going! Four days is so hard but you're doing it. That's great!
Old 01-29-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 4 days Water. Us guys are not good listeners in general so don't take it personally
Old 01-29-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I dont know everything and i dont think anyone here has it figured out. But i can tell you in early recovery you should try to avoid testing yourself. Dont walk by the old liquor store! Take the long way home. Your not always going to have the thought process of no urges.
Based off of your text it seems you either cook or appreciate good food? I have been a chef for 16 years and its a passion and a hobby to create wonderful food and with the finished product being a wonderful creation. I got far away from that feeling when i let alcohol control my life. Now i make a thought out meal 4 or 5 nights a week and it now gives me great relief and self worth to remember my skill set and seeing value in my skills.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 4, sounds like you had a jam packed day!! Hope you get some rest this evening, enjoy the rest of your weekend.:-)