Notices

this is'nt living!!!!

Old 01-28-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
I have looked at services to access, no inpatient but there are various outpatient.

i'm glad you chose not to drink last nite. and that you have LOOKED AT services.....but recovery is about ACTION, Adelina. so by tomorrow perhaps you will share with us which services you DID contact and what the results of that contact was. i'm sad to see you are still putting up roadblocks to help that is available and could be so very helpful to your long term success in sobriety. however, this is your journey.....
I don't believe I'm putting up road blocks i admitt that seeking face to face support is not something I relish but looking and downloading a referal form is the furthest I've ever got apart from posting here and attending some meetings ( in the summer when off work may I add) feeling more open to it than previously at least....
Old 01-29-2016, 01:45 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

just checking in..... day 3.

have been to bed so early the last couple of nights, feeling exhausted.

to be honest over the past few days, if I make it to day 3 its usually the day I cave. i've had 2 nights off and start to feel physically better so the memory of how bad it was begins to fade!!

its also Friday..... need I say more.... but my resolve remains strong I haven't forgotten how my little boy needed me and I was too passed out to respond. I cant forget that.

had a few negative feelings this morning following a few cross words with my MR but instead of carrying the argument on I let it lie, I know that the only thing to come out of engaging in the negativity is me drinking to deal with the feelings, in the past ive created arguments so ive had an excuse to drink.... crazy!!!

hoping for a good day
Old 01-29-2016, 01:53 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Adelina congratulations on day3! That's a great effort, and you're showing every sign of staying strong.

Expect your AV to pipe up at some point soon, either predictably or when you least expect it. Either way can be deadly, so stay calm, divert your thoughts and take 5 slow deep breaths. It will calm you down.

Our bodies come to expect alcohol to soothe hunger thirst and stress, so remember to eat well and regularly, stay hydrated and develop calming rituals around cups of tea (or similar). You'll be amazed how these simple tricks help.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:06 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep it going adelina - keep working in a plan and working out what to do next

D
Old 01-29-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Great going Adelina. Take it from me- kick the booze for good before your Son gets any older. I'm also a single mum. I have a 14 year old boy and an almost 16 year old boy.
I wrote a post myself yesterday about my guilt .. It's awful. Let's just get sober and STAY sober for the sake of our beautiful Children. They deserve it and we actually deserve it too .. Sending love honey X