Notices

Withdrawals, can you get them if you dont drink daily?

Old 01-27-2016, 01:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawals, can you get them if you dont drink daily?

I have been having a really hard time at work lately. Resigned due to bullying and harassment, poor management, and being asked to do things outside of my scope of my role. I have resigned.
For the past two weeks I have drank daily, and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for the last week. (Completely abnormal, normal 5 smokes a day). Prior to these couple of weeks, I would drink every second day, well once the previous hangover would diminish a little.

I'm working my notice period out at work, and have been in tears on three occasions today.....a colleague noticed me shaking.
My question is, can you get withdrawal symptoms when you don't drink every single day? If so how can you deal with them, I feel like I'm at the end of my emotional tether, and the only thing that would make me feel better is a beer, or 12.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Alcohol withdrawal can be different for everyone. Best to see your doctor for help in getting safely thru them.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Best to talk to your doc, have I experienced what you described yes, have I herd it from others yes but it's always best to get a doctor to check you.

Andrew
Old 01-27-2016, 02:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've of the opinion that hangovers are a form of withdrawal so yes, I think you can get withdrawals regardless if you drink every day or not cocorosie.

D
Old 01-27-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't drink everyday, but when I go on binges I experience fairly strong withdrawal symptoms. Like others have said, if you feel that you have a problem, seek help. Good luck. And don't let work get to you. The stress wont help.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I bet you might be experiencing withdrawals that are being compounded by your emotional state of being.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Found a really great dr. although I live in a rural location.
Its a central hub, but takes three weeks to get an appointment with my dr. I book in advance. Fingers crossed she has an cancellation tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

As others have said, it's impossible to say since everyone is different but I believe it is possible depending on your intake. I would highly suggest you see your doctor. You would be amazed how helpful it can be. I know mine sure was!
Old 01-27-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think I was, after binge drinking for years my hangovers started lasting 2-3 days