Notices

1 month ago today

Old 01-25-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 month ago today

I decided I needed a reset after over indulging during the holidays. I have been able to control most urges...as some know I did have a couple of beers during a ski trip in mid January.

There have been so many other occasions this month (stress at work, dinners with friends, a blizzard, football parties) and have been able to control any urges and not drink.

I am still trying to figure it all out and not saying I won't drink ever again but I am working on behavior modification with plans and thoughts that have worked so far.

I know some on here think I am fooling myself and my av is in charge but the fact is that in a month I have accomplished what I set out to do!

As always I will continue to update and appreciate this site.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A month of only drinking once is better then a month of drinking heavily that is a no brainer. Good work. Where next is obviously up to you. I don't know you're drinking history or how you feel about it, but I sort of controlled my drinking for some time, but realised that even then it was continuing to do me emotional, mental and 'spiritual' damage. Only you know if this is happening to you ? I have stopped for myself and the good of my life. As for the never drink again issue ? I struggled with that too. I can't say I will never drink again, but I can say I will not drink today and I do not want to ever drink again and that's good enough. I do think the fact that you are posting on a site named 'Sober Recovery' speaks volumes. I hope you find the right path for yourself. Sending you strength. Steve.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great to have you with us Golfdad, you'll not be short of support here on SR!!