Notices

Day 1

Old 01-24-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

As part of my plan I've decided to post on here every day at least something. No matter how bad I feel or how much I don't want too. I live alone and I think that will help me hold myself accountable for every day.

I have opened up to a dear friend and relative and she has agreed to talk to me here and there when I need a little more support. I've got rid of all the alcohol that was left. Every day before I leave work I'm gonna just take a minute or two when i get in my truck and pray and remind myself why I cannot drink anymore. Hopefully that will help to not buy alcohol. If i make it home without beer then I will be good for the evening.

I am no longer going to go to my regular place to buy beer to buy anything. Just gonna stay away and break that habit.

At first I'm not gonna do much research or reading or watching youtube stories about it. Reason being I know from the past that especially the first few days it makes it harder if I'm constantly thinking about quitting. It tends to be easier if I just do it.

So for Day 1 I'm really not feeling any withdrawls. I'm dehydrated but that's expected. I know sleeping will be on and off so I'm going to bed early too make sure I get enough. I suspect I'll have some night sweats tonight. I'm actually in pretty good spirit right now. I'm looking forward to being sober and sticking to it.

I want to quit both for myself and for others who want the best for me. I want my self respect back and want my actions to be a better light to others.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day one

D
Old 01-24-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Vendetta, it sounds like a good plan. I think that breaking habits is really helpful in the early days. Changing your daily routine can help you get through the tough moments. I'm glad you're feeling good, and I hope you continue to check in.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

much better V, stick with it and everyones here for u

great idea changing stores by the way very important to break old habbits
Old 01-24-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Good news, Vendetta! I hope this is the beginning of a permanent recovery.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Vandetta, I'm in day 1 also. I sure hope this is my very last day 1.
Your plan to check in here everyday is great. Remember to come check in when you feel the urge to drink. I need to take my own advice on that! The class of January is an awsome place to post as is the 24 hour thread.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think breaking habits and taking that time to slow down my brain and really think about it before I leave work will really help.

Oh and I'm gonna drink water. A bunch of water.

After a few days I will start introducing new healthier habit.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good start Vendetta.;-)
Old 01-24-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

ive got myself signed up for a free trial at the gym starting tomorrow - also personal training and dietitian class on tues and thurs =) stoked about that!

was told by a friend he replaced drinking with working out and got in great shape

also i find always having a drink on hand be it juice smoothie tea lemonwater ANYTHING BUT BOOZE really bloody helps with the habbit of drinking u know?? like how a smoker needs to do something with their hands, so do we!! i find its helping anyway, just sharing
Old 01-24-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Hi Vandetta, I'm in day 1 also. I sure hope this is my very last day 1.
Your plan to check in here everyday is great. Remember to come check in when you feel the urge to drink. I need to take my own advice on that! The class of January is an awsome place to post as is the 24 hour thread.
Yea I hope it's the last day 1 for both of us. I need to do better at coming here too. I tend to not get on here until I'm way to close to drinking or have already opened opened a drink. I'm excited let's do this!
Old 01-24-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
quat

You can do it vendetta, rooting for ya
Reading about AVRT really helped me. There are great threads about it in the secular connections forum. Another thing that really helped was changing my point of view from thinking 'I can't drink' to 'I choose not to '
Old 01-24-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

All sobriety starts with day one. Keep at it. It gets better.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back and starting your sobriety again! I have a journal I keep on here that I post to in the morning before I leave for work and in the evenings before I go to bed. It helps keep me accountable even if I'm just writing about my day and nobody reads it. It helps me. Stay strong. You can do this!
Old 01-24-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I like iced tea. It's not as good as water but when I need some flavor it's better then soda.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

start juicing lemons mix it with water its so good for u and ur liver and it tastes good too
Old 01-24-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

We have all had our 1st Day You feel as if you have made a great accomplishment.....just wait to see how Proud you are tomorrow!

Fantastic.....the hard work ahead WILL pay off
Old 01-24-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Congrats on starting your journey today! Stay strong, you will start to feel better very shortly. X
Old 01-24-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Never thought about lemon being good for the liver. Maybe I should try to do stuff to help my liver.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Vendetta,

I just read a lot of your past threads/posts, and I can see you've struggled. I did too. I started, then stopped, then started again, then stopped again, (etc.!) until one day I had enough of this vicious cycle and kept building on each day as a new day to remain sober. Those sober muscles do build up but you have to give them time. The first few months are the hardest, so, yes, check in here every day and take the support that others will offer you.

You won't regret making this your last day one. I never have. I also NEVER thought I could live a life without alcohol, but here I am living a better life. Who knew?

Best to you and feel free to PM me if you need extra help!
Old 01-24-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you for beginning again, Vendetta. I hope this is the last time you have to go through this. We are with you.