Notices

Needing help, in a very particular way

Old 01-28-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

the first thing that happens is your one day sober,take it a day at a time.

how do you think and feel,some feel worse (the stress of recovery)many feel better that poison isn't doing you no good,so why not just quit,having a sober mind is better than having a mind you'd have to fuel with alcohol just to feel normal

it progresses into not drinking because slowly but surely(or fast) you will see the real you,when I was sober for 3 months I felt horrible at first,then I had post acute withdrawal symptoms(which is a good thing,its basically your brain returning back to normal so you have all types of emotions)I can tell you when I took some depression medication I was so happy,like I couldnt stop smiling I had more energy I felt like a brand new person but I stopped taking my medication and started feeling crummy again and depressed and relapsed because I didn't want to deal with the emotional roller coaster but trust me I know if I would've never relapsed I would've had even more gains but im starting over been 18 days clean and I had just posted how bad I was feeling a couple days ago but each day after that I have been feeling better,I complained about feeling ugly and looking tired and older,that tired look is gone even though my eyes can barely stay open,my sister even told me I was looking much better today,she told me I was looking like I was up all night crying but I looked well rested,drinking effects us in different ways and same ways but it doesn't make anything better it never does

stepfanie!!!
Old 01-28-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
So at this point I can tell you, I can't stop drinking once being buzzed.

And the advice I've been getting over and over again, and rightly so, is to put the beer down and quit.

To those people I have the following, perhaps peculiar questions. I'm writing them in present tense, but I know that for many of you, this is far behind you:

1, You're drinking and need to stop. What is the first thing that happens? What do you think and feel. How does this progress into not drinking?

2. See 1.

M
Mike M,
I'm three days in, so by no means I know much at all but I have been pondering and planning since before Christmas. I found a hobbie: , growing succulents, macramé, making cement pots and just keeping my hands busy. Even bought a mitre saw, I want to teach myself woodwork.

Then contacted my GP, and made a commitment to her. She started me on a medication to assist me. I will be seeing her monthly.

Then I told my family and friends my plan, and requested their support.

And found this forum, and have spoken with so many wonderful people the have provided me with comfort that I'm not only in this.

Next step is redefining myself minus the alcohol, but I guess that with happen with time.

Wishing you all the best.