SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   14 days...again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/383588-14-days-again.html)

zombob 01-23-2016 05:25 PM

14 days...again

Greetings SR family! I'm posting this from a treatment center (I finally gave in and am glad I did). I had jumped off back in late Nov. after a month run of sober with the same predictable results. Was sick within 2 weeks and kept at it for another month. Detox was somewhat medical as I was monitored but only medicated for the first 2 days. I'm glad for that as I didn't get the benzo withdrawal to compound the alcohol. Once again my liver labs look ok and I've rebounded physically pretty well. Mental and emotional will take work and time.
This place is good in that it is non-stop education groups and I have learned a few things. There is also a good mindfullness group once a week and I have space to meditate morning and night which I ramped up on day 2 (a habit I quit 2 yrs ago when I drank after nearly 4 yrs sober). I'm also separated from my family and it looks like that will be the best for now. The wife's and my relationship has been toxic for quite some time.
Anyhoo, I still plug this site often (especially to those leaving soon)as a great resource and am glad to be back on this side of the fence. I only get to a computer like, twice weekly so I'll be checking in sporadically. Will probably be awhile before I get a phone/tablet/computer.

Dee74 01-23-2016 05:27 PM

I'm glad you got some help Zombob :)

Thanks for giving us an update :)

take care,
D

dwtbd 01-23-2016 05:28 PM

Yeah good to hear, just keep doing the next right thing.

zombob 01-23-2016 05:32 PM

Yup, I'm staying for the whole 21 day program and possibly longer--it's just time. Thanks dee-dub! You too dee!

desertsong 01-23-2016 05:45 PM

Great news! Keep us posted when you can. :)

least 01-23-2016 05:47 PM

Congrats on two weeks sober! :)

SoberinSyracuse 01-23-2016 05:54 PM

It's good to take a step back out of the chaos of life, isn't it? I'm glad you've got at least a few weeks of guaranteed sobriety and an opportunity to learn and sort things out. Make the most of it and keep up the great work!

Steely 01-23-2016 06:01 PM

Sounds like you made the right move doing rehab. Just to get away, be separated from it all, respite, rethink. Helped me but it didn't stop me drinking. :headbange. This time I got it and trust the same for you. :You_Rock_

Soberwolf 01-24-2016 04:00 AM

Congrats Zom

zombob 01-28-2016 08:15 AM

Back home today and feeling great. Gotta take steps to get out more. Finding work will be first. The Sunday AA meeting will be in there too for this week anyway as a dear friend I met there succumbed to MS on the 16h and news of a service should be announced (His body was donated to MS research). Getting out to MABA, the most local Buddhist place will come next weekend. I'm not discounting NA either. Need to find out if they meet in the same place. Lotsa stuff to do here for the time being. Peace SR fam!

Soberwolf 01-28-2016 09:01 AM

Great stuff Zom

Dropsie 01-29-2016 08:32 AM

Zom,

Have been thinking about you.

Sorry about your friend.

MariahGayle 01-29-2016 09:15 AM

Sorry for your loss Zom. Sounds like you are doing a great job in your recovery!

Carlotta 01-29-2016 09:32 AM

Its good to hear from you Zombob. Congrats on taking that huge step in a positive direction :hug:

Ariesagain 01-29-2016 09:45 AM

Congratulations! You're an inspiration.