Notices

Snowed up and having a hard night.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Snowed up and having a hard night.

Hello everyone,
Big snow where I'm from. I haven't drank for a long time but for some reason when I heard the reports on the weather I freaked and got a case of beer. Guess old habits kicked in. I haven't drank any but being all pinned up is driving me nuts. Normally I use staying busy to stay on course. I'm trying to find entertainment but I honestly wanna rip my flat screen off the wall and chuck it through my window. Or grab this case of beer jump in the truck crack open a cold one, start calling all my old budies and raise some hell playing in the snow. It's sad but I already know the outcome. Once I buy it pouring it out doesn't happen. No doubt I'll be opening the first one soon and jumping in the truck. I'll pay for it tomorrow no doubt.
Thanks
Old 01-22-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

No doubt I'll be opening the first one soon and jumping in the truck

Please don't drive if you're drinking.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Instead of throwing your TV through the window, perhaps you should throw the case of beer out. You'll thank yourself tomorrow for doing it!
Old 01-22-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of people are dealing with this right now Vendetta.

I hope you don't open that case - there comes a point where you have to make different decisi s if you want a different outcome.

Whatever you do, don't drink and drive in the snow Vendetta.

You may save your life or some elses, y'know?

D
Old 01-22-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Vendetta, please don't drink.
"Pouring it out doesn't happen," but it can!

I'm only on Day 12 and I can totally relate to stopping for the booze due to the impending blizzard, but we don't have to do this the same as we ever did.

You could knock on your neighbor's door and gift it to them?

If you're in big snow with a case of beer you are putting yourself and others in danger because eventually you will drive somewhere to refuel.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow--talk about a recipe for failure. . . snowstorm and a case of beer.

Don't drive and put other people at risk for your "fun".
Old 01-22-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

"Pouring it out doesn't happen," but it can!
I really get behind this.

Just because I never did doesn't mean I never can.

I've seen people do it here, so I know it's possible to hurl that case of beer into the trash.

D
Old 01-22-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm with Obladi. Gifting the beer would be a nice gesture, or just chuck it in a dumpster somewhere. Whatever you do, just don't drink, and definitely don't drink and drive! It's a mess out there even for the sober - major damage could be done if you go out while drinking. Like you said, old habits kicked in, and that's completely understandable, but you're not that person anymore! None of us are. I'd get rid of the beer immediately to avoid the temptation these next few days.
Stick around here- we're in this storm together!
Old 01-22-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If you get through this storm sober you will be able to get through the next storms sober. There are a lot of "first time sober" moments that we have to get through. Some are tough. Some are easier. Getting through the holiday can be tough. Having sex the first time sober....well, you get what I mean. The point being, you just have to do things for the first time sober. It is possible. You just have to want to.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You'll pay for it tomorrow when you have to shovel snow with a hangover.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am with the other posters, the temptation is the last thing you need, I trust you will not drink and drive, while you may be thinking at this moment "I won't" we know what happens after a few, the voice of reasoning is out the window.

There are many posts here from people trying to recover with auto related incidents because they were drinking, I used to have the attitude it will never happen to me, that was the booze talking, to me its a time bomb waiting to go off. I like being safe on the roads as do others.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Vendetta, do something truly wonderful for yourself and pour that beer down the drain.

I sincerely hope that you don't drink and most especially that you don't drink and drive.

I, too, am in the path of Jonas; it's going to get very dicey here.

I'll sit here and keep you company.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I agree with everyone else! Please don't drink and drive!

If you are bored with TV, find something else to do.....
Read, take an online class...

Have you tried Udemy? They have classes in pretty much everything from Astrology to Accounting to UX and web design .....Network building....
They always have coupons going on. Search the web for Udemy coupon.

Call someone. Do laundry. Find an online game....do your taxes!

Dump out the beer! It won't do you any good and you will be so disappointed with yourself tomorrow! Stay Strong!
Old 01-22-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I bought booze several times without drinking it.

But, I gave it away fast each time to my renter. Best to get it out of the house ASAP.

Mountainman
Old 01-22-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

How's it going, vendetta?
Old 01-22-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

This was your first post here on Jan. 19th 2015

Originally Posted by vendetta View Post
Hello all,
spent a whole day browsing this forum a couple weeks ago looking for help. I saw alot of help full posts. Things have made it so that I have to get sober. Been a hard few years. I'm extremely drunk right now. I understand most of you folks have prolly moved on. But if you could spare the time I would appreciate it. I want to stop drinking. I'm scared about the DTS and all of that. I have found that if I were to stop, then I would have nothin to do with my time. I looked for an AA meeting but it seemed so complicated and I never really found a good contact to start out. I hope someone here can't help me. I will do my part now and turn the tables. If your reading this and are thinking about giving up the drink. Please do so. I've seen what it turns us into.
I just wanot to find the first step. With all respect please help me.
Thank You
Come on Ven .. you know what you've been through, you don't want to go back.

Well I know that SR will be here for you no matter.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
EndGame

That's just great. You're having a tantrum, so you're going to drink and drive. As much as part of me may not like to type this out in words, I'm certain that I won't be here for you should you take the premeditated action of driving through a snowstorm while drinking and then killing someone.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

This is so sad. Sounds like you've already decided to drink but I do hope you're not driving...
Old 01-22-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Vendetta,

Everyone else has already said everything I would say. I really hope you don't decide to drink. However, if you do, please do not drink and drive. The roads are dangerous enough in the snow, driving after drinking is putting many lives in danger. Get rid of the beer and hide your keys.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I live in Montana, and if I gave in to the urge to drink every time it snowed, I'd never stay sober. When you're boxed up inside and the weather doesn't permit getting out and doing stuff, you have to learn to be creative. There are a million and one ways to pass the time while you're holed up that don't involve drinking. You just have to be willing to look for them and find what appeals to you and creates a good distraction.

Seems to me you were looking for a reason to drink even before the storm moved in. My relapses were already days in the making before I even lifted that first drink to my lips. The obvious thing to do is get rid of the beer, but it sounds like you're committed. I'm sorry. I don't envy the way you are going to feel physically in the morning or at the end of a weekend bender. Even more, I don't envy how you are going to feel emotionally once it occurs to you that you've thrown away something very precious and very hard to attain, and have to start over again. None of us want to see you go through that misery. Again.

I hope we can manage to talk you out of your plan ... if not, please just stay home. Bad enough to relapse, but you don't need a DUI, car wreck, or vehicular homicide charge on top of that. Take care.