Notices

Snowed up and having a hard night.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
quat

Ripping the tv off the wall and throwing it out the window, yeah that sounds ridiculous and wasteful, nobody would blame you for not doing that.
Of course nobody would blame you for not taking the other actions you are planning. The other more ridiculous , more wasteful and dangerous actions you are freely choosing to do. I don't believe you are actually thinking through the amount of responsibility are claiming to able to accept and pay for tomorrow.
The AV tricked you eg "cracking a cold one" , "call old buddies" " good fun time in the snow" seems like fun , fairly innocent even, doesn't it?
I just hope you don't harm yourself or others, but like you said , you are responsible for everything that may happen.
You'd also be responsible for getting rid of thee beer , could go either way, it's on you.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Lots of us are feeling this storm affect us in various ways. Dump out whatever part of the beer is left.

I'm holed up in a house with alcohol, 12 days sober. Trust me, if I hear one peep out of my A/V, I'll throw my host's booze down the drain and replenish his cabinet with top-shelf upon my departure.

Make a good call on this.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i drove drunk (and high) twice last weekend and im ashamed i could be so selfish. i put my stupid actions before the lives of many and god knows i could have ended up much worse than how last weekend ended. thats what prompted me to become sober in the first place - i remember on saturday night when i drove (sunday morn 6am more like it) i had a cop infront of me and a cop behind me and somehow i didnt get stopped. i ended up pulling off the road and they just kept driving i couldnt believe my luck. but the fact my heart was racing then shows me i know how wrong and selfish it was to do that and i can remember how i was driving it was downright disgraceful and im SOOO LUCKY nothing serious happened - i hope i will never do this again, PLEASE do not drive drunk, its not only your life that hangs in the balance if you do this, try to think how selfish this could be if you rob a family of a loved one!!
Old 01-23-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I just woke up in my recliner. Had a great time last night. At least until the point I can't remember. There is a brand new warm case of beer on my kitchen table so I must have went in to town. That's scary. I also just looked outside and my truck is in the driveway. That means I was the designated driver. I remember if one of my buddies wife calls I'm gonna say he was helping me fix my frozen pipe last night. So I'm a alibi.

And WOW. I have read every reply to my post. Very honest and helpful to me. I knew last night was coming. I could feel it. I put the warm beer in my freezer to get cold quickly but I have a hangover and am drinking a warm one right now to dull it. Being sober is so hard. I can suck it up pretty good these days but when it builds up I let go. When I fall I fall hard. Being sober is awesome but only to a point. And being drunk is also awesome to a point. Being sober has made me realize how the alcohol has destroyed EVERYTHING I used to be. My dignity is gone, my honor is gone. And honestly being sober makes me miserable but I fight through it as hard as I can. Being sober is like a brand new world that I don't know how to function in. I'm sure others have been through this. I'm trying to do better. But it's hard to change habits. It's hard to make that transition. It's hard not to get drunk and dial up old numbers. Be it friends or women. When I get sober I have nothing. But bing drunk hurts others. How do I change?
Old 01-23-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have not been on this site but a few days or so but this is the worst post I have read for my situation. I am sorry but .. being drunk is awesome ? .. posted by someone drinking .. nah .. I will be careful if I read your posts.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

Pour it away Vendetta & please do it quickly
Old 01-23-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

There was a local situation where a drunk driver drove wrong way on the freeway 38 miles. Almost crashing into dozens but killed 2 people. Going 100 miles an hour. Several past DUI's, suspended license and a bartender

I have been guilty drunk driving with no harm to others, yet. Short distance to store, doesnt matter 1/2 mile or not. This was a wake up call.

Drinking? Flush your keys down the toilet, call a taxi, park your car a mile down the road first. Put a huge sign on your door NO!. Whatever it takes.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vendetta View Post
How do I change?
I'll be blunt.. How do you change? - You man up, and you do it. Simple as that. Stop hiding behind, and blaming things on alcohol.

You know the decisions you made, and you know they were poor ones. It's time to dust yourself off, get rid of that beer, and start over. You'll have bad days - everyone does - whether they are sober from birth, in recovery, or still actively drinking. If you have hard times and feel a little down, it means you're human. The only difference is, you need to reinvent how you cope with those situations in a healthy way.

It also disheartens me that you said being drunk is awesome. Did you even read your own post? You made irresponsible and reckless decisions, allowed your friend to lie to his wife while in a dangerous situation, and either of you could have died or killed others. How "awesome" is that?
Old 01-23-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Please take care of yourself Vendetta, and as others have said, please don't drive. Stay safe at the very least.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

And WOW. I have read every reply to my post. Very honest and helpful to me.
Well maybe you should have read those before you drank and drove blackout drunk in a blizzard.
You had some sober time so you knew better.
How stupid and selfish can you get?
Old 01-23-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Opening up the beer and jumping in your truck, during blizzard like driving conditions sounds really stupid.

I hope you think this one through, before you act. In my state, you don't need to be actually driving to get a DUI. If you are stuck in a snow bank on the side of the road with the motor off, and drunk, that still = DUI.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
You'll pay for it tomorrow when you have to shovel snow with a hangover.
ha! least, I hadn't thought of that. That alone would be a deal breaker for me.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Please take care of yourself Vendetta, and as others have said, please don't drive. Stay safe at the very least.
Well, that's what I get for not reading the entire thread first. Apparently you did drive, I'm not going to pile on. You're an adult, I'm sure you know what you did wasn't the best idea in the world. I would encourage you to do something with that warm case of beer. Anything....except drink it.

Cmon Vendetta, get control of yourself again. You can do it. I know you can.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I've never hurt no nobody.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Yet.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Please take no offense to this as I have been down the road you are on, the thing is your sentence is missing the word "yet", I have been very lucky in the past, no accidents or problems with the law however that day was on the horizon and the clock ticking.

I don't really think anyone who drinks and drives sets out to hurt someone but if you read around on this site, it happens. Jail to me would be the end of me, but for me I am staying sober as I love being the sober Andrew as does my better half, my kids and friends/family. I stay sober as I am only powerless when I pick up that first drink then all hell brakes loose and that is not going to happen again.

trust me, I have been at this for over 30 years, met hundreds with drinking issues and we all agree, it only gets worse. I really hope you see, believe this and take action.

Kind regards
Andrew
Old 01-23-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Being sober is so hard.
Not sure you've acquired enough sobriety to make it through the hard parts, the early part where the addiction still has its hooks in you(as evidenced by your binge).

You function in sobriety by learning to cope with it. Same with anything new. But if the minute it gets tough you pull the ripcord on a binge, you'll never get there.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
But if the minute it gets tough you pull the ripcord on a binge, you'll never get there.
Wise words.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
EndGame

I don't care how "awesome" you think it is, drinking and driving is dangerous and illegal, despite the fact that you "never hurt no nobody." Your apparent denial around this is disturbing as you willfully continue to put others at risk.

It's not at all funny that you were the designated driver. You're currently a danger to yourself and others, and you seem utterly unfazed by this.

Alcohol hasn't set you free; it's set you loose.

I don't see someone asking for help; I see someone asking for validation. That it's okay to drink and drive because, well, you're an alcoholic, and that's what alcoholics do to feel "awesome."
Old 01-23-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

vendetta, it sounds like your addictive voice is doing most of your thinking for you.

It takes a little time to get used to being sober .....getting comfortable and learning who we are.
There are lots of firsts to go through....and going through them the fist couple of times sober can make you feel stark raving sober.

I don;t think getting drunk is awesome and reading your post it reads like you were not awesome. It reads like you were messy, blacked out and awfully irresponsible. ...and now you are drinking warm beer.

Have you looked into AVRT ? It helped me get a handle on my AV..
....I hope you decide to throw or gift the rest of the booze ..Take care of yourself.