Notices

mesed up

Old 01-22-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mesed up

Going to make this short messed up drinking again well 2 days sober only back here because I believe a lot of people have done the same thing and nobody judges me going to give it another go no point in boring you with the details Im an alcoholic and I let my guard down
Old 01-22-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are right, no judgement just support here. It's not easy, I know that. But we have to keep trying. I'm in a far better place to stop now for failing in the past. We need to learn from these slip ups. What can you do differently this time ? Sending you strength grampa.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good Morning and Welcome back, I have fallen in the past into relapse, each time I learned and took a personal inventory as to why and what could I do to ensure it did not happen again. It is a lot of work, I follow my plan to stay sober and it's working, I am enjoying what life has to offer, they are not all good days but the majority are. What I finally had to get through my thick skull, if I would go to all lengths to get booze when I was on a binge, I had to go to all lengths to stay sober and that I what I am doing at this time.

Have a great day
Andrew
Old 01-22-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

After doing the "I got this quit thing" dance for many years, I decided to seek help. As the son of a depression era/ WWII vet I was taught a bootstrap mentality - pull yourself up, no one can solve your problems but you!

The reality is this sentiment has a lot of false bravado. Asking others to show me how they did it, to engage in a program where others were present many times a day, rooms with people who understood exactly how I felt - these were the things that finally helped me. The same brain that told me it was ok to drink couldn't keep me sober.

On 6/9/2014 at 54 years old I walked in an AA meeting. I haven't had a drink since. Soon thereafter I found SR - very, very grateful I did. Mixing the "old" and the new. Technology with 3D hugs - this is what has made the difference in my sobriety.

Glad you're here,
keep coming back
Old 01-22-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It took me 10 years of quitting by myself on an almost daily basis before I went to my first AA meeting. I slipped up so many times even while attending AA meetings, using the Sober Recovery app and while getting help from several drug & alcohol counsellors. I know the guilt that accompanies those slip ups all too well. But, there's never been an alcoholic who hasn't messed up. Otherwise, we wouldn't be "alcoholics." Change your game plan and get some support. Without others I would be drunk this very moment instead of starting a new day of sobriety.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

No one will judge you - any thoughts on a new plan tho Grampa
Old 01-22-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back.
We all of us have let our guard down at times so we get it.

Next step is to look at what you were doing and "plug the hole" in your plan
to stay sober.

We can help you with that if you want to talk about it.

Meanwhile, take care of yourself and stay sober. You can do it.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey grampa, as someone who drank just last night after doing quite well for awhile, I get it. I support you man. Congrats on your two days.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Grampa

do you have a plan for staying sober this time?

D