Notices

9 Weeks and Frustrated!!!

Old 01-21-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

9 Weeks and Frustrated!!!

Just need to vent,

It's been 9 weeks and i'm still clean and sober. But the anxiety and panic is starting to get to me. I have it everyday!!! Some of the attacks are debilitating. My wife worries about me constantly thinking i'm going to have a heart attack or stroke in front of the kids.

I've been to the ER and Dr's office multiple times and the keep telling me i'm ok and that i'll survive. I just don't like not feeling ok. I've had my moments to where i feel good but the panic will just creep up like a cold sore on prom night.

I'm thankful to be sober. I'm thankful to be alive. I'm thankful for my family. Like i said at the beginning this is a venting session. And I know this will be asked. Yes i do have a plan. I have tried meditation. The Dr's just want to put me on Ativan. I'm just frustrated and needed to tell someone.

Thank you all for being here! This website has been a savoir for me many times. Thank you to everyone on here for being brave enough to share and brave enough to take this journey with the rest of us.

Scottie
Old 01-21-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

9 weeks is awesome! Venting is good! Vent, breathe and feel good about everything you said and want.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Scoot..Me too....I am in the same boat...My head feels like it's gonna explode sometimes....Palpitations , etc...They say it will get better with time.. Lord I hope so...Hang in there...
Old 01-27-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It does get better but not in nine weeks.

Have you tried anything other than meditation? It's pretty hard to meditate at nine weeks, too. How about AA or spending more time on this site posting and reading? Reading recovery books? Getting psychological counseling? Exercise?
Old 01-27-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry your not getting help from the Dr maybe take someone with you to explain how bad it really is

Congratulations on 9 weeks Scottie that is amazing
Old 01-27-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 9 weeks Sc0ot

Is it anything in particular that you are anxious/panicking about? something that you might be
able to address maybe