Notices

New and need help

Old 01-21-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello. I usually just lurk and browse but I registered today because of your post. I wanted to tell you that I can relate to what you are going through and I'm sorry. I too lost my first child, also a daughter, to stillbirth. She was full term and everything went fine throughout the healthy and happy pregnancy with no signs of anything wrong and then when I went into labor there was no heartbeat. It was devastating and still is.

I too have a healthy child now and I'm very happy about that but it does not erase the pain of losing my first child and missing her. I don't know if anyone can understand it unless they have been through it. So I just wanted to tell you that I have been through it and I understand. The grief still hits me and overtakes me at times and at first all I could do was lay in bed feeling utterly depressed. I wish I had her here with me. I feel robbed and that she was stolen from me and that her own life was stolen from her. It is unfair that she did not get to live and also unfair for your daughter and you. Yet still all we can do is try to get on in life and be there for our subsequent children who made it. Yet sometimes that is easier said than done. I hope you will come back and let us know how you've been doing. I am rooting for you.