Notices

Really bad headaches today

Old 01-26-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober Member

Really bad headaches today

I am really struggling today. I have had serious headaches like a hangover. I have drank gallons of water, pain relief and nothing is shifting it.

26 days sober, but I cant cope with these headaches. In the past I would have had a drink to numb the pain.

Is this normal ?
Old 01-26-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not sure if it's normal I'm not there yet, but I do get bad headaches a lot always have and I've tried many different things to get rid of them. What actually helped me the most was getting a blood test and seeing there were massive vitamin deficiencies which I then knew how to correct. Maybe see a dr when you can, or take a multi vitamin at least if not?
Old 01-26-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Also are you eating regularly? That effects headaches too
Old 01-26-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Member

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Not sure if it's normal I'm not there yet, but I do get bad headaches a lot always have and I've tried many different things to get rid of them. What actually helped me the most was getting a blood test and seeing there were massive vitamin deficiencies which I then knew how to correct. Maybe see a dr when you can, or take a multi vitamin at least if not?
My blood test came back fine the other day. I think I will get an early night.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Lancashire first thing in the morning go to your pharmacy & ask for kool n sooth headache strips

They are 100% water so its not medicine but trust me they will shift your headache guarenteed

they get rid of migraines fast and headaches with ease and thier only around £3 a pack

Well done on day 26
Old 01-26-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better soon, Lancashire.

That's a great suggestion, SW.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon L, remember when we used to feel this way after drinking ?
Old 01-26-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Until It Sleeps

You could try going to a vitamin shop, GNC and see if they have a migraine complex. My wife suffers from them and Feverfew helps out.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

During my first month away from alcohol I got some wicked headaches too.
It was weird though, because the only time it would hurt is when I rolled my eyes up You think that sound stupid...it gets worse lol

I would spend a good part of the day just looking up with my eyes to see if I hurt, and "DUH" it did.

Eventually it went away.

Can't give any advice on your headache, just thought I would give you a little "chuckle" on what happen to me
Old 01-26-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Feel better, Lancashire. I had beaches in early sobriety but nothing that fluids and ibuprofen couldn't alleviate for the majority of the time.

A bad headache can be the start of the flu; take it easy.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I also remember that when I drank, it would numb some of the pain. Til the next time. Your body is adjusting to no alcohol and it may just be whining. Eat well, drink plenty of water and don't get dehydrated. Hope you'll be rid of those headaches soon.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Have u been struggling with cravings or feeling frustrated by it all today? Just wondering because said to my mum earlier my heads been banging today but I think it's because I've been feeling really peed off and frustrated and think that's brought on headaches. Also I know personally I've been drinking stupid amounts of coffee instead of water which probably doesn't help. Lack of sugar may be a factor too. Been told a few times it's normal to crave sugar because missing it from alcohol so maybe u need something sweet? Don't know but just a few ideas. Kinda ironic that get rid of hangovers and get headaches anyway isn't it xx
Old 01-26-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Lancashire, you mentioned that you have been drinking lots of green tea lately. If you've cut down on the tea.
It could be a caffeine withdrawal headache. It happens to me occasionally with coffee.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mavrick View Post
Hi Lancashire, you mentioned that you have been drinking lots of green tea lately. If you've cut down on the tea. It could be a caffeine withdrawal headache. It happens to me occasionally with coffee.
Good point. They have decaf green tea, could be an good alternative. But too much of anything is never a good idea anyway I guess.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ohhh those headaches hurt like there's no tomorrow...Right up the backside of the head.. Oweee...Only thing that stopped those was to lay down with lights off and shut my eyes...Never had migraines before , but those headaches must be similar...

Hang in there , they do get better and disappear after a while..
Old 01-26-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey hope you feel better soon hang in there.....
Old 01-26-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Huntsville...

My Shadow...I used to live in HSV...my son is living there now...he works at Marshall Space Flight Center...
Old 01-26-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I had the headaches too...mine were around the temples. Started around 45 days and lasted almost a month. Good news is ....they are GONE!!

Ibuprofen helped.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

its really strange in these early months of sobriety as you really can't zero in on the source of various ailments. Is it part of the withdrawal or PAWS or is it some hidden underlying condition? unless it feels very painful or troublesome ,for now, i am going to disgregard until i come out of this funk . Hot showers work well for my general complaints.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hope you're feeling better today Lancashire!!

Great job on 26 Days!!