Notices

Day 20

Old 01-19-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 20

Im not very good at talking and I suffer greatly with social anxiety it's taking me alot to write this but I feel it really must be done,
my drinking has been way out of hand for many many years, im at a point where I'd rather be sober if it means I'm not in pain and feeling like crap,
i'm now on day 20 alcohol free, been having stomach aches/pains alot and was worried if that was normal,
emotionally its also been very tough,
decided to sign up here as I stumbled across this site while researching some things, and thought it may help as a way forward to talk to others and maybe even gain the confidence to go to some meetings and progress into a sober life.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Dan

This is a safe place - and you're completely in control of how much you share and with whom

I had a few stomach issues for a while - but I'd had them for years.

if it's concerning you, or the pain is really bad, why not see a Dr?

D
Old 01-19-2016, 11:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Hiya, Dan.

I don't know much about stomach troubles, except to say I was quite prone to heartburn after too many beers, especially if eating Italian.

I hope you find the anonymity here liberating, because getting your feelings off your chest is a great way to cope with them when they're not positive, and a great way to magnify them when they are.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome.

I am glad that you are sharing, which I know can be hard -- was hard for me, and now I am a bit addicted to this place.

I hope your stomach is better soon -- body is doing a lot of adjusting, but if you are concerned, and can do it, I would second the advice to see your GP.

Good luck.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Dan
Old 01-20-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, there is a ton of life changing and saving material here to read to help you and congrads on your progress thus far.

Sorry I can't comment on stomach issues as it's not one of the things I experienced, seems like my body went through everything but.

Stay close

Andrew
Old 01-20-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family and congrats on nearly three weeks sober. If your stomach trouble is getting worse, I'd see a doctor. They can run tests to determine what it is.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Hi, I can affirm what you're saying about the stomach. Since getting sober 10 days ago, I've had IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). I'm a bit food intolerant, but I expect this is temporary.

If it's not improving or it gets bad, see a doctor about it. I know it's a pain in the butt, but there may be a simple med to help with the symptoms and you'll also have the peace of mind of ruling out anything serious.

Thanks for joining the community. Look forward to hearing from you again.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Making it to 20 days is amazing. It shows your determination to turn your life around. Regarding stomach problems, I had issues with that for the first three weeks or so. I read somewhere that that's a pretty common problem, but if it persists, I also feel a checkup with your doctor would be a good idea. I went through a lot mentally and physically, especially for the first month, but things do settle down. Recovery takes time and patience. The best is yet to come! John
Old 01-21-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Dan!!