Notices

Relapse

Old 01-20-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Sean,

You are a great light on here, don't let this stop you.

I have gained a lot from your posts, so let us help you.

What do you need?

I am feeling very vunerable right now myself, also not sure why, but hope you will help me get past it and let me help you.

Hang in there.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hey Sean,

Glad you're back.
You should hang around the weekender thread, its honestly been one of the driving forces in staying sober.
We just talk about nothing and everything- but its a nice place to hang out.
Not sure why its so helpful with staying sober; but it does help xoxo
Old 01-20-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

did you pour out that poison and start on the water yet, Sean?
Old 01-20-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

How are you doing today Sean?

Just remember, you're strong enough to be sober. Those of us with time under our belts, never thought it was possible either. Most of us have fallen, and fallen hard in recovery. I know I sure have. Thought I had this problem kicked after 9 months sober back in 2013. One drink lead me right back to drinking 24/7 for nearly a year. That is one year I will never get back, and am lucky to be here for my family today.

You've got the power to make this happen Sean. We believe in you.

By the way, like the others have said, get rid of your meth boys. Trust me, they're not looking out for your or your life. You've got to man up on this one, take control.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

This has turned into a bender. I woke this morning shaking like a leaf and there was beer left in the fridge. So I bloody had one.
I am like a bottomless pit right now, there must be 50 empty bottles in my kitchen
I always have huge trouble stopping once I start drinking, I don't know what will stop this.
I've been making some crazy phone calls and sending bizarre text Msgs to people.
My god, life was so much more peaceful a few days ago.
I hope anytime that reads this can strengthen their recovery by just being glad their not living this misery.
I am so miserable
Old 01-20-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

dump whatever other alcohol you might have now Sean.
If you feel crook, get yourself down to your GP or your local hospital.

Have you ever thought of something meeting based like AA for help?

D
Old 01-20-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Sean

You really have to make choice:

1. Continue in the drunken cycle and live in misery for a long time.

Or

2. Stop drinking, experience some discomfort for a bit, but feel better in the long run.

You know what's right. Just suck it up, focus, and get some help. You can do this.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Can a friend take you to the ER to help you detox? If not, can you call for a taxi/uber to get you there? Sounds like you might need a little outside support right now.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sean, that's exactly how I felt in my final drinking days. I knew I had to get the poison out of my system and have a new life. Or die. That's when I joined SR & found the courage to dump it out and begin to heal. You sound disgusted & exhausted. It's time to reclaim your life.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Sean, as others have said, you've have made some great contributions to this forum, and obviously people like and care for you. I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I will share what i did. When I got myself to where you are, I told myself to put my big boy pants on. I got myself into the mess, I am responsible for getting myself out of the mess. And you can do that too. Think back to the peace you enjoying just a few short days ago. It's still there waiting for you.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Sean that sounds like my last bender, minus the meth. I had a very hard time pulling out of it, but I did, I had to. Everything in my life was turning into chaos, I nearly lost myself. After over a week away from work, I knew I had to pull it together or lose everything. And no way did I want to lose everything. So I put a stop to it. It was hard, but here I am sober. You can be too Sean. Thinking of you.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hey Sean,

Just thinking of you.
I'm worried.
We don't really know eachother, but I've always liked reading your posts and I think you deserve better.
You can do this.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

you dont have to keep going you can turn this all around. you can stop now. this is not your fault. stay strong we are all here for you!
Old 01-20-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

So now you know how quickly people like us go from 'one drink' to 'I'm so miserable'

There's nothing more to find in that bottle Sean and you know it
It's only downhill from here

Please, use this experience to strenghten your commitment to sobriety. That's the best way to go about it now - what's done is done

Sending good mojo your way mate, back on the horse!
Old 01-21-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Oh God help me. I can't stop drinking. I'm a mess. I'm alone in my trashed flat with the blinds drawn drinking myself to death. My fiancé threw her engagement ring at me and won't answer my calls. I said some really crazy things.

I've just ruined my life in 3 days
Old 01-21-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Oh sean, chuck that s**t out right now!!!!! Its f*****g poison!!!!! Dont keep calling ur fiancé, she prob won't want to cu in this state. Can u go to sleep or maybe a walk. Please stop!!! Call ur fiancé when its calmed a bit
Old 01-21-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Sean, dump the booze and try to drink water to rehydrate and also to eat something. Do not let those meth addicted so called friends of yours back in.
Forget about calling your fiancee right now, I have been on the other side as a Friend and Family member and I can tell you that getting some drunken phone calls is only going to irritate her more and make things worst between you two.
Try to lay down and get some rest.
You have stopped before you can stop again.
Here is the number for the AA hotline in Australia
1300 222 222
Old 01-21-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Relapse is just like an elevator down to the depths of hell.

But you can stop and get off on any floor, shake it off, get on the UP elevator and get outta there any time you choose.

Ready yet?
Old 01-21-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sean30 View Post

I've just ruined my life in 3 days
Sean listen. You have not ruined your life in 3 days. Get your **** together now and you can start to repair things. But pour that drink away, flush that poison away and react NOW. 3 days has not ruined your life. But 3 plus another 3 plus another 3 may well do.

Come on. You have a fiancé, a great life ahead of you. That's fantastic. Want do you want? To spend the next few years enjoying amazing new expériences with the woman you love? Or to be alone, in a bathroom with your head in the toilet?

Think of your lady. Think of the future you want. Toss all that crap that you are doing or drinking away.

Thinking of you.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
quat

You have had 3 atrocious days, but only the addiction wants you to think any damage done is unfixable. Stop now the past month wasn't a mirage it wasn't nothing , the past month shows you can do this, don't give it another day. Put a stop to it , you know you can.