Blogs

Notices

one day down two here i come

Old 01-18-2016, 10:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

one day down two here i come

Hi I'm 23 years ok and im an alcoholic I drink a fifth of liquor every day and I'm trying to quit its been one very long day but I made it through I just found this site and its helpful so far any tips or tricks and all the support u could give me would be great thanks
Old 01-18-2016, 10:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello countrygirllife,

I walk up every day and tell myself I will not drink today. I've been doing it for 40 days. One Day at a Time.

I read a lot about AV on this board. Understanding it has been very helpful.

I avoid people and places I use to drink.

First day or three was the hardest for me. It's gotten a lot easier=it does get easier.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrcarlson For This Useful Post:
Dharma33 (01-19-2016), Lance40 (01-18-2016), thomas11 (01-19-2016)
Old 01-19-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank u ots now day to and the withdrawls are starting to really kick in I'm loving this new site everyone is very helpful thank u for ur support in glad u are on day 40 hopefully I will be there soon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countrygirllife For This Useful Post:
chrcarlson (01-19-2016), least (01-19-2016)
Old 01-19-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! I had to make up my mind that drinking was no longer an option. And I had to want to be sober more than I wanted to drink.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Rest and take it easy the first few days after drinking the amount you did are rough. Stay on here so when you start feeling better you are not tempted to drink again.
The Following User Says Thank You to sva777 For This Useful Post:
thomas11 (01-19-2016)
Old 01-19-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is how you have to take it CountryGirl - one day at a time. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. This isn't a sprint, but a marathon lifestyle change. I would recommend getting a plan together and checking in here often to help keep you accountable and committed.

You can do this!
The Following User Says Thank You to IronPhoenix For This Useful Post:
thomas11 (01-19-2016)
Old 01-19-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Be sure to call a doctor if the withdrawals get bad. AVOID caffeine!!!! Take it easy and don't drive. If you have bad shakes, sweats, hallucinations -- call a doc. Better safe than sorry.

Stay close here and don't vanish. Do you have someone there in real life who knows what you're going through, who can help you if you need it?
The Following User Says Thank You to SoberinSyracuse For This Useful Post:
thomas11 (01-19-2016)
Old 01-19-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yea I have a cousin but he works alot and is never around much I feel so bad today that I don't want to get out of bed in very shakey and sick to my stomach I keep checkin in hoping someone will be on the chat I keep thinking in my head if I take a drink the feeling will stop but I'm really trying not to
Old 01-19-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Almost 700 years sober

Welcome CGL
Old 01-19-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Countrygirlife,

I'm glad you found us.

For me, changing my daily routines really helped in the early weeks. My hardest time was early evening, so I had to push myself to get out of the house at that time of the day. Even something as simple as shopping in a different store or driving home by a route which avoids the stores with alcohol can be helpful.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I thought about going for a run but burrrrrr its Cold and yes a long peaceful drive sounds amazing to me
Old 01-19-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by countrygirllife View Post
Hi I'm 23 years old and im an alcoholic I drink a fifth of liquor every day and I'm trying to quit its been one very long day but I made it through I just found this site and its helpful so far any tips or tricks and all the support u could give me would be great thanks
Make a sobriety plan, and stick to it.

Join a group and get support. You will need it. Come here to SR if and when you cannot meet up with your group. The support I've gotten here is amazing, and it touches me that complete strangers care so much about complete strangers -- yet it is. We're here for you, and we're here for ourselves, too.

Understand that sobriety and recovery are two different things. You may not drink, but until you address the reasons why you drink, your sobriety will always be at risk. Recovery, in part, is the process of finding those causes and addressing them.

Don't be intimidated by the days. Stay sober one day, or even one moment, at a time.

Don't listen to your Addict's Voice. Nothing good ever comes from that.

Eat well.

Replace your drinking with a healthy habit.

Most of all, be strong and stay strong. Happiness will be yours if you work on it.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to sober recovery. Keep reading here for suggestions of all kinds. Those first days after quitting are always the hardest. I found that the hours stretched endlessly. Coming here helped a lot.

Well done on your decision to quit.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Countrygirlife!!
Old 01-19-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

countrygirllife- yes you will get 40 days sober and in 39 days . As dumb as this sounds the trick is not to pic up ONE drink. If you have that little voice telling you to have one, post on this board or otherwise distract yourself. YOU never have to drink again
Old 01-19-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Countrygirl, keep an eye on your heartbeat and blood pressure. Don't hesitate to seek medical attention if it gets bad. The irony of withdrawal is that a drink will make you feel better, and yet it is the one thing that will make it worse. So please don't do it.