Notices

hi everyone im new here

Old 01-17-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi everyone im new here

Just thought i would introduce myself as Snowcone. Im looking for support to quit drinking. For some reason im an angry individual when i have had too much to drink. Does anyone else have or had that issue? My grand pa on my dads side was an angry alcoholic, as was my dad. My grand pa on my moms side had drug problems and was homeless/ mentally unstable. I worked for 3 years as a waitress at a bar, so that environment along with my manager who was a major bench led me to start drinking on a nightly basis. I was living at my apartment and my ex lived with me, that also caused a lot of issues. But now, I've left that job about 3 weeks ago looking for something better and moved out of that apartment about 5 months ago. I think all these things have played a huge role in my downward spiral of drinking. I will probably post a more thorough story when i get on my laptop if anyone wants to read it. Hope you all have a wonderful day and i look forward to hearing from you people.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Snowcone!!

For me alcohol definitly lead to a lot of chaos and problems in my life, but with it's removal from my life they all quickly went away, we don't have to be that person anymore if we don't want to.

You'll find loads of support here on SR, it's great to have you onboard!!
Old 01-17-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum.

Generally speaking drinking or not I am a happy, easy going person. Beer has always been my go to however I turned into a binge closet drinker in maybe 1998 +/- and would drink Vodka in the mornings to calm the shakes.

Prior to that in the late 1980's I used to drink Rye and still happy, I tried rum a couple of times but that scared me as yes I was a very angry, bitter, resentful person and I saw it quickly and never drank it again.

It may be worth talking to an addictions counselor about or google has always helped me a lot, I would in this case google "Why does alcohol make me angry" remember to alcohol is seen as a mind/mood altering drug, could be something in your past that you are not necessarily aware of, frustrations in life or the day etc.

Hope you find an answer

Andrew
Old 01-17-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Welcome snowcone.

You will find plenty of support here.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome snowcone,

I had issues with being angry and going from a happy to mean drunk in a matter of minutes. Hated it, as half the time I never knew why people would be mad at me.
So glad you are here. This place is an awesome tool for those of us that decided it was time to hang that old drunk me on the hook. And move on to a new wardrobe.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome snowcone. Lots of support here for getting sober, Being sober will not solve your problems alone, but sobriety will allow you to face and deal with them with a clear head.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, snowcone!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-17-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to have you with us, snowcone. It will really help you to talk things over here - we all understand.

I used to be happy & carefree when I drank - but in the end, I was definitely miserable and filled with anxiety. I know you can make this big change in your life.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Snowcone!

I was also angry when I drank which made me hate myself. You have come to a great place for support.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you're here - we're great listeners
Old 01-17-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Snow, Yes I was an angry drunk too. Rapid personality is often a hallmark of addiction. I am a kind and loving but when I drank to excess I became violent and belligerent. You are amongst friends here. I wish you the best. John
Old 01-17-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi there. I am reading a book called The Emotion Code and I talks about releasing trapped emotions. Well one part I found interesting is that the author states that despite what we have been told, emotions come from various organs of the body, and not just from the brain. The liver produces the emotion of anger. So when we drink to excess and put so much strain on the liver, it produces even more anger. Makes sense to me. I was actually going to write a thread about it since I found it so interesting.

Just wanted to throw that out there and wish you luck and hope in your recovery.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 01-17-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Hi, Snowcone. Yes, I'm normally a pleasant, affable person but when drunk I was quite mean and angry.

I've only been sober 7 days but I feel much better already. I'm so glad you're getting out of some of those situations that were dragging you down and are heading in the right direction!
Old 01-17-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi snowcone!
Old 01-17-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You will find lots of support for living sober here. With the help of this site, I've been sober over six years now. I know we can help you too.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome, Snowcone; glad you found us.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi Snowcone.
Nice to meet you!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

A couple of years ago, a boyfriend asked why I only drink beer and I said because I like it. He said he was wondering if liquor made me angry so I avoided it. LOL. I'd never heard that before and asked if I should swig down some bourbon and see if I started a fight with him. We decided against that experiment. I still don't know anyone who gets made when they're drunk.
Welcome to SR!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!