Notices

Where are my feelings?

Old 01-16-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

CountryGirl, I do hope you are feeling better very soon.

I had a traumatic event happen at the age of 12, two at the age of 16 which is when I learned I could self medicate the feelings drinking beer which was forbidden in my house but I was never caught and one more event at the age of 20, my AV always used these to pick up, I was brought up to bury feelings and negative emotions, that takes a lot of energy, maybe why you are tired. I finally told someone about these events three years ago, was told I had PTSD while in treatment, I followed up for maybe 3 months after but was busy and let it go.

I am now seeing to professionals to get this worked out in my head and they are very good and it's helping big time as I no longer want them to have the power to be such a strong trigger for me.

Meds take time, especially if they are giving you an SSRI.

All the best
Andrew
Old 01-16-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Jennifer, is this loss of interest in things and wanting to sleep alot new? Have you experienced this before? Lastly, you have been sober for some time now correct?

I ask because I take an SSRI, but not for depression, I take it because it keeps me on an even keel. But I do believe I have been depressed in my life. It was around 1997 and I had the same symptoms you describe. I did not care about much, if anything, and I slept constantly and was ok with it. Regardless, I wish you the best and keep us posted.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Hi, CG. I've been following your posts. Like you, I'm not happy with my current living situation (not an addict, not abusive, just not someone I like very much). Maybe we should both set long-term goals to get into a more comfortable and self-nurturing environment. For me, I think it means uprooting my business and life and leaving Syracuse!
Old 01-16-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
zjw

In pa myself winter time blues can really sneak up on you and this is prime time. Try to get some sunshine on a sunny day I know few lately.

I try to think about the opposite of what has me feeling blue or work on a gratitude list I find when I shine the light on the good it cancels out the bad this can have me feeling rather flat but I'm fine with that. I'd rather end up indifferent the sad or overly excited. I'm still happy and content like this.

Think about what's going ok in life. I know what you mean tho you sober up and it's like was I in a dark room for 15 year wtf am I wt am I? I think it's normal to feel like that for a time
Old 01-16-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the input guys. I'll try and respond to as many things as I can remember. I started this sleepy thing after i lost my fiancé in a car wreck when I was 23. I self medicated from that point on. I met my daughters father, we planned and had the baby but somewhere around the 6 month pregnant mark he became abusive. I was more tired. I left him when the baby was 6 months old and became suicidal. Somehow after a few months I snapped out of it and was taking a nap here or there until that last year of drinking. When I quit over a year ago I thought it was withdrawels. I had my couple months of pink cloud and somewhere around two months ago I just went numb. My plan is...because we are safe, he only sleeps when drunk and the heavy drinking went from every night to once a week and he stays elsewhere...I will get this degree, I'm halfway there, and start researching options back by my mom. Day by day.

Jennifer
Old 01-16-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh and for the record, I felt very motivated today after writing my gratitude list. Cleaned the house and have been easy to laugh all day. It was a good day

Jennifer
Old 01-17-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

i think i lived in your sister city- bumbledook,mi!

i used to think depression meant i had to be suicidal, which i wasnt.
main thing bothering me was racing thoughts and my emotions were all over the place.
but according to the results of the questions asked by my doctor i had depression, which i was put on an anti depressant, apprehensivly though.
it reeeeeealyhelped!

cg, can ya tell me how ya failed a depreesion screening? to me it seems the only way posdible for that to happen is iffen it came back and said no signs of depression.

on the other hand, if it shows depression, it seems that would be great!
how can a solution be investigated and worked on if there isnt any diagnosis?

let me see if i can word what im thinking:
look at the program of aa.
years and years most of us spent building up resentments and fears. kept piling them on. then we got into aa. 4th step had us look at them resentments and fears(and sex conduct). we had to look at em,learn about em, and understand em before we could get the solution on what to do about em.

in short,the problem was found(depression) now to understand it and find solutions.
with doctor supervision added there i think would be wise.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm glad you had a better day yesterday.
I did some deep cleaning also and boy did it help my state of mind as well.

Take care and good luck with your new semester Jennifer
Old 01-17-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
i think i lived in your sister city- bumbledook,mi! i used to think depression meant i had to be suicidal, which i wasnt. main thing bothering me was racing thoughts and my emotions were all over the place. but according to the results of the questions asked by my doctor i had depression, which i was put on an anti depressant, apprehensivly though. it reeeeeealyhelped! cg, can ya tell me how ya failed a depreesion screening? to me it seems the only way posdible for that to happen is iffen it came back and said no signs of depression. on the other hand, if it shows depression, it seems that would be great! how can a solution be investigated and worked on if there isnt any diagnosis? let me see if i can word what im thinking: look at the program of aa. years and years most of us spent building up resentments and fears. kept piling them on. then we got into aa. 4th step had us look at them resentments and fears(and sex conduct). we had to look at em,learn about em, and understand em before we could get the solution on what to do about em. in short,the problem was found(depression) now to understand it and find solutions. with doctor supervision added there i think would be wise.
Ahhhhha this started big time after my fourth step.

Jennifer