Notices

Fat alcholic mess...

Old 01-15-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Hi, yes I use to be very very disciplined and focused but it has seemed to left me at the moment as all I feel like Iam doing is battling this addiction.!! When I first got the offer to sell I thought it would be a fresh start but it's turned into a 2 year nightmare of binge drinking And no structure.
It is very true what they say alcoholism is a progressive illness!!
They do say it is an illness, but it is one of the few illnesses in which you can cure yourself. Think about that, for a long time.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Iam considering going back to AA and doing 90/90.
I'd do more than consider it.
If you're really tired of this, and I believe you are, then run with the idea of change.

You could have just had your last night like that forever...if that's what you want

D
Old 01-16-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Make this your bottom, Hercules. It's time.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Hey Herc,

Seeing as you have free time and money, why not combine your new sobriety with a fitness boot camp? If you can spend a couple of hours a day on physical fitness you will see positive results quickly, which can be a great motivator. You will also feel great.

I once quit a high-paying job and travelled for a couple of years while I was drinking. While the travel was nice, my brain was turning to mush from the near daily drinking. I suggest you get back to some productive activity ASAP. Hopefully your noncompete period must be over by now?
Old 01-16-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hercules-

You can do this. If you don't have a gym membership it would help greatly to get one. I go to the gym every day because it helps my state of mind and it makes me feel like I accomplished something. I think that would help you a lot.

Best of luck to you!
Old 01-16-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yeah I agree loosing weight and getting back into shape would do me the world of good it's just another thing I don't seem to be able grasp at the moment it's like Iam not in control of my life at all... All my good intentions get swallowed up as soon as I have a drink everything turns to ****...
I had not drunk for 11 days prior to that escapade the other night!
Old 01-16-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Do your best

Stay sober & you never have to face another day 1 that's motivation right there
Old 01-16-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

You can do this Hurcules....sounds like some local support would be a good thing. Know you are not alone in this!
Old 01-17-2016, 12:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks all for the replies.... 3 days sober today but feel completely overwhelmed with everything.
Determined to stay sober!
Old 01-17-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I personally found that I needed to be quite gentle with myself in the first few weeks of sobriety - gentle exercise and being slightly more active to kill some time I'd have normally spent drinking was one thing (for example, taking some nice walks along the river; walking some places where I might usually have driven; tackling some household chores that had been neglected for a while), but not sure I was in the right place to start signing up for and committing to whole new fitness programmes.

Easy does it. Once you've got some sobriety under your belt, and you're feeling stronger, then you'll have more enthusiasm and energy for starting a more challenging fitness regime, and in the meantime gentle activity and exercise, and getting more 'well' will be building up to it gradually.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Do your best

Fantastic news Hercules stick close if you suffer urges & cravings come here reach out & say so its a lifesaving tool really happy to read your on day 3

Old 01-17-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Day 3 is a big deal - good going!

I'm on Day 6 and it seems like no big deal and a great big deal all at the same time. For the most part, I'm trying not to look at "everything" at the moment. Time passes and for now that's enough. I think about things I might like to get to when I'm feeling stronger, but it's not an imperative; it's more like "You know, it might be nice to move that treadmill to a better location." But I don't feel pressure to do it TODAY. If I let myself pressure myself with all of the things I'd like to do or take care of, that's where the shame starts crowding in.

And the thoughts of drinking start becoming more enticing or reasonable or whatehaveyou.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Yeah I suppose that's the alcoholic mindset everything must me sorted immediately and now, like my drinking instant relief or change from the problems I have!!!
Old 01-17-2016, 05:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

It will get easier Hercules!

Congrats on day 3.