Notices

Day 1s

Old 01-14-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1s

Anyone that is on day 1 should be proud. That's where we all started (or will start).

Without Day 1 I wouldn't be a few days away from 7 months.

Day 1 means there is a willingness to some degree to end the cycle.

I'm sure this is something said often but I just wanted to post once again for the people still struggling and that may be in a situation and environment that may not be providing them the positive reinforcement they need to get going on the road to recovery.

So to every one on Day 1, Congrats!!!!
Old 01-14-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree! It all starts at day 1!!! The fact that anyone declares day 1 is awesome, its the beginning xo
Old 01-15-2016, 01:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post TNT!!
Old 01-15-2016, 01:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im about 7 months or past. I really dont count my days I would have to ask my kids mom what day I am on but I feel like everydays a day freaking 1. holy cow. I was thinking today, or yesterday since its 2 am now... That getting high is a pretty good idea, it makes sense. Talking to people whom can't relate, well where does that make sense? The ****. Haha. Im still sober though. I also didnt talk. And girls crushing on me like Oh my freaking god. Expectations from me when we ain't dating?? I ain't tied down dont expect nothing from me, I dont even know where I am going to live they live at home with their parents. Me probably being ungrateful but I am suicidal dont know where I am even going to be, the hell do I care if I make you smile? Keep some **** to yourself.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great post and so true.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice post
Old 01-15-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes!

I had many Day 1s. And still, that is a hell of a lot better than not having any.

So I would also offer, don't be discouraged if you have to start again. Some of us on here have had to have quite a few before it finally "stuck." (And I realize that there are no absolutes, and I am only one drink away from losing everything.)

Never think a relapse means you can't lick this. It takes courage and tenacity to keep at it, and that is a very good thing indeed.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I read here quite a bit "Day 1 again". While I'm sure that is not the ideal situation, I say so what, at least your trying. Think of all the poor buggers out there who don't know about this site, are lost in a sea of alcohol, and the mere thought of day 1 completely escapes them. So I applaud anyone on day 1.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah, everyday feels like a day 1 (in a sense for me) and should be treated as such to a degree. Staying on guard in the mist of all the stuff going on around you. That's how I try to approach each day anyways.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

@ thomas11, yes some people aren't fortunate to discover AA, this site, the book, etc. This is site is one of many tool and since the internet never sleep, its accessible 24/7 (unless there are technical issues).

So I'm definitely grateful for the creators of this site and the people that are on it sharing their stories, the good, the bad and the awful.

And yes, there are many day 1, I've have plenty of them and there is always that "yet".

I guess I just hope I can help people with my words on this site and deeds in life like others have helped me. I was deemed a lost cause by most (including myself). Thank God I wasn't too lost.