Notices

Oh no

Old 01-13-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mike - tomorrow try posting here before you drink.
You'll be amazed how much more you can get out of the site that way.

D
Old 01-13-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mike,

I have been following your threads, and agree with others. If you truly want to stop drinking, you need to reach out to others beyond us. Call a friend, call AA, call 911, etc., and tell them you need help.

Then get out of your house, where you order beer in, and go to detox. I am not normally so directive, but I am getting the sense that you are simply hiding behind your computer, guzzling beer after beer, and not doing a damn thing to help yourself. We can listen to you, but you are wasting your energy and ours if you won't stop the cycle you are in.

If you want to quit drinking, then stop. Otherwise, nothing changes.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabat50 View Post
You lost me here TTOIL? Isn't homebread meant for eating with jam and butter?
Well, yesterday I had some homemade cinnamon swirl bread. Pop it in the toaster, used Irish butter (no kidding, but it's expensive) and pear jam. Yum!!
Old 01-13-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lets get back to the OP guys?

D
Old 01-13-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Mike, I think this is the third post this week that starts with you saying you've drank, by simply following your addiction the moment you woke up.

. . . and I'm gonna say for the 3rd time in a row you need to come here to SR in the morning BEFORE you go to buy alcohol.

What's going to happen later is you're going to get too drunk again, say your goodbyes, log out and go to bed, and groundhog day will begin tomorrow once again.

Nothing changes if nothing changes, you need to get off this merry-go-round, but that means something coming from you, some action, trying something different, logging into SR and reaching out for support before you get to this stage in your day.

You can do this, no matter how little the change, it could make all the difference!!
Old 01-13-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

After reading your posts again this morning I was like geez mate come on.. Not again.
Then it smacked me in the face just how many times I have been where you are right now. Too many to count.

It's easy for me to give advice, and for other users on here to do the same because we are not in the head you in are right now. We just want you to see reason and stop! I remember I just couldn't listen when I was drunk. Nothing was going to stop me drinking no matter what. Family, friends, nobody could get through to me when I was on a bender.

I understand how it seems impossible to stop while you are in the middle of a binge, to just crack that beer in the morning to avoid the pain and the life you living right now. It's kind of robotic, But like everyone on here keeps telling you, you need to do SOMETHING!

Mate I strongly urge you to call 911 and go into detox. All you have to do is make a phone call and this ends.

Praying for you Mike.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Just sending you support Mike

Deep in a binge is a terrible place to linger--I don't miss the flux one little bit.

When you are ready to stop and give sobriety a real go, climb out and join us and find some peace.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Mike I really do hope that the next day you wake up you reach for this site before you reach for a beer.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

If you can't stop it yourself, get someone to stop it for you. If you can get into a detox even just for a few days, you'll be sober and able to get things back on course.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I totally get fear and loneliness and have a feeling that's what holds a lot of us back from being our best. But there has to come a point in time where you won't let that rule you anymore. Fear gets weaker as we push through, challenge ourselves with new things in life and loneliness will go away once you start loving yourself, something you absolutely cannot do while you are drinking. I hated myself when I was drinking. Wanted to die, wanted to wake up as someone else. It is only in days of sobriety (and now I have 8 of them) that I can see that not only is reality pretty damn cool, but I am a very lovable person. Alcohol will rob you of all of that.

You say you actually like sober reality- so now all you have to do is stop running from it.

The easiest thing in the world to do right now is to keep doing what you are doing. Keep feeding the beast, keep waking up and repeating the cycle, keep living in the past, in fear, in self hate.

If you want to change and truly desire sobriety like you say, you have to make different choices. That's it. Just get up today and make a different choice. Instead of sitting at home and ordering beer, make a plan. Go to a coffee shop, bookstore, the library. Treat yourself to an amazing lunch. Go to the movies or a museum, go shopping. Anything but what you have been doing.

The compulsion is there because right now your brain is doing whatever you have taught it to do. All of that can actually be altered, new wiring can take place but not if you continue doing what you're doing. You have to be greater than your body. You have to teach it new habits and a new way of thinking.

The choice is yours. You've been given tons of support and advice for days now and we all want to see you succeed. Stop telling yourself you can't stop, stop telling yourself you aren't worth this.

Get out of bed today and ask questions instead of making statements. Ask the Universe,
"How does it get any better than this?"
"What would it take to stop drinking today?"
"What am I choosing to be to prove I don't deserve?"
"Why is it so easy for me to stop drinking?"

You see, when we make statements like "I can't do this," the Universe closes up and you get exactly what you are telling yourself.
By asking questions instead, the Universe opens up to you and will, without fail, provide you with the answers in a way you never thought possible.

These are some tools I've learned over my many years of self help reading. They work, you just have to use them.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi Mike,
I'm with my Aussie compatriot Sean30. Been where you are many times and hard to exit off using an intoxicated brain. Get back to your frontal lobe it'll tell you the truth. Going to detox (if that's what you decide to do) will give you the chance to get the poisonous liar out of your head. It's a con artist.

Many years back a bloke said to me "I can drink any time I like, (sheee!) and I said "so can I". Glad I don't though. I relapsed much further down the track but this time is different, being sober is so much better irrespective of the trials that confront us in sobriety. You can drink anytime you like too Mike but you know the outcome. It's not pretty.