Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Heading into Sober Living facility in 24 hours Keep me in prayers

Notices

Heading into Sober Living facility in 24 hours Keep me in prayers

Old 01-13-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Glad you are going to take care of yourself Skywalker. Post when you can. Much luck to you.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Safe travels Skywalker! I think you made a great decision.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This is something you will never regret, drink in all the knowledge you can, get that tool box filled and you will not believe the changes it will make in your life, the one key though is a plan for when you leave, in my case every time I stopped following that plan it was only a matter of time before I relapsed.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

That is wonderful, Skywalker!!! You should be very proud of your decision to do whatever it takes!

yoda.jpg
Old 01-13-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good luck Dharma! I hope this is your forever solution. Update us when you can
Old 01-13-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hi Seep,

Thanks but it's Skywalker going in to sober living. I'm 8 months sober tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You can do this Skywalker, hope it all goes well!!
Old 01-13-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank You I leave tomorrow and having second thoughts BUT this will most likely be the major change I need
Old 01-13-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Who ever has first hand experience with making a geographical/change of environment or sober living facility I will greatly appreciate your input. Please tell me your experience or what you have heard about these kind of things.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I've moved all over the country since I left home many years ago. I did it with no money or very little money each time. I usually only had one acquaintance in whatever new state I was living in. It always worked out.

Faith is a big part of any change. Just believe it will work out and you will look for ways to have it work out.

You can always leave if it's unhealthy - but give it a chance. What you've been doing hasn't been working right? There are good people and not so good people wherever you go. Listen to your inner voice and believe you are going to find a way to heal your life.

I think a little fear is to be expected.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thank You! This might sound very silly but the facility has a dog and I have a dog phobia as well like I have never lived with a dog before!! What if this me running away from my problems again or is this me running toward a solution?? My hometown here includes: negative cousins, a drug dealing brother, but I also have a job still and 2 more courses to take for a masters program, my cravings have decreased since my relapse a few days ago...I always relapse during the winter months...maybe I can just be prepared more for next winter??? I can still cancel my flight...These are all the thoughts in my head right now...

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I've moved all over the country since I left home many years ago. I did it with no money or very little money each time. I usually only had one acquaintance in whatever new state I was living in. It always worked out.

Faith is a big part of any change. Just believe it will work out and you will look for ways to have it work out.

You can always leave if it's unhealthy - but give it a chance. What you've been doing hasn't been working right? There are good people and not so good people wherever you go. Listen to your inner voice and believe you are going to find a way to heal your life.

I think a little fear is to be expected.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really good decision Skywalker
Old 01-13-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

best wishes to you, Skywalker!
Old 01-13-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good luck, this is a great step! Well done! Looking forward to your report upon your return.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thank You!

I will post and update you guys when I compete the one year program but as of returning to NY I do not think that will be a good idea. I hope I can stay there and make a life worth living. I hope God is with me throughout this journey, I hope I get the gifts of sobriety, I hope I learn how to be more independent, I hope I get over my fear of dogs, I hope I make life-long sober and good hearted friends that find meaning in life without drugs and alcohol. I hope this is a good move and not one I regret.

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Good luck, this is a great step! Well done! Looking forward to your report upon your return.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks Bro

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Really good decision Skywalker
Old 01-13-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

It sounds like a wonderful new beginning and a great start toward a lifetime of sobriety. You can do this! I wish you the best of luck on your new journey.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thank You for your kind words! I really hope I can make this work!

Originally Posted by Surrender2win View Post
It sounds like a wonderful new beginning and a great start toward a lifetime of sobriety. You can do this! I wish you the best of luck on your new journey.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sounds like a brave but smart thing to do, given the situation you described. Wishing you the best!
Old 01-13-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Oh, my goodness.. I love dogs.

They wouldn't have a mean dog at a sober living place.

More importantly, dogs are mirrors. They will reflect back to you whatever emotion you are aiming at them. Aim love and acceptance, that's what you'll be getting in return. Aim fear, and they will react with either fear or avoidance or dominance - none of which you want.

Love and acceptance.

That's actually a good approach to everyone, you get back what you put out with most people and dogs. Only the very disturbed will reply to love with fear or aggression. I'm talking people now.

They absolutely would not have a disturbed dog at sober living. Assume he/she will be a kind soul - because that is what he/she will definitely be!