Notices

2 events that happened this weekend

Old 01-11-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 events that happened this weekend

Two things happened this weekend that were equally humorous to me. First, while driving to the dump, I stopped at a gas station to get hostess donuts for my 2 kids (men's tradition in my family). I was checking out and the nice lady behind the desk asked if that would be all. I said yes, and then laughed. She asked why and I said, "oh nothing. Just funny inner monologue". What I found funny was the memory of people ahead of my in line only buying snacks or food or anything not beer related. I could never fathom that people weren't buying alcohol when they stopped at the gas station. I always, always bought beer when I went into the gas station.

My second event occurred this morning when I was leaving for work. As I was walking out of the house, my wife said, "remember, your truck is in the front yard". This isn't uncommon, but this time I remember parking it there! So I didn't have to pretend and go, "oh yeah, of course!" Y'all have a great week.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

I love all the experiences we have sober. It is amazing the stuff you notice. I thought about it the other day how many times I pass the liquor stores that I would usually frequent. Feels good, doesn't it?
Old 01-11-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Love the feeling. So does my wallet for that matter. Best feeling so far is having a cop turn around after passing me and not being horribly panicked and paranoid. I always hated that feeling.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

congrats Steve
Old 01-11-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love it - congrats!

It is crazy to think about how the world always revolved around drinking. Now my mantra is that is normal NOT to drink.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

IronPhoenix, Can I ask how long you have been free? Still get any cravings? Urges?
Old 01-11-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great stuff Steve!!
Old 01-11-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Steve, it wasn't until I quit my weekend madness that I realized how much effort I was putting into the whole thing. Couple days of drinking, couple days of recovery, a few days of working my butt off....repeat. Just stupid when I look back on it.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Thomas. It is a crazy thing to think about. The amount of time spent getting booze, drinking booze, hiding booze, thinking of the next place to get booze...really exhausting to think about. Life is certainly better when you are not consumed by it.