Notices

I'm sober.... and I'm BUMMED OUT.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I've been crying and listening to David Bowie records today. It's okay though, it's sometimes nice to feel the grief without having to numb it. I know it's sort of off topic but I'm so sad about it I just felt like sharing
Old 01-11-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi FreeOwl, I didn't see this thread earlier, as mentioned in my thread, I think we are in the same boat today. Just glum. Tomorrow will be better for us, I'm sure of it.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

The moods come and go. Let them wash through you. They will pass; you will remain.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

thanks, all. Yeah.... today is a bit better place. I think a big part of this has been being physically drained and fighting off illness.

I've had to travel for work so now I'm off in Buffalo after a heck of a marathon day of delayed and cancelled flights. Facing a never-ending, always-growing stream of work tasks and deadlines that I can't seem to motivate much care about.... blah blah blah.

However, I feel a little better. A little more OK. I am feeling drained still but I'm able to keep on chanting to myself "it's all gonna be fine, everything's OK....".

Yesterday as I passed through airports and airplanes and frustrations of travel, I reflected on how many other such moments had been spent in a haze of booze. I was able to feel grateful for being there, facing those moments now sober and realizing that my life was much better for the simple fact of being present. Even during the frustrating or the glum or the depressive moments.... really BEING THERE is a simple but powerful blessing.