Notices

I really need to chat!

Old 09-13-2004, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I really need to chat!

I've been batteling with Cocaine for a while now. I was clean for about 2months, however I'm back to using at least every weekend. I can never seem to get enough, and I'm definately building up a serious tolerance. I'm scared. I can't stop thinking about it. Can anybody be a friend and give me some advice?
Old 09-13-2004, 02:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Tanya!

You've definitely come to the right place; we've all been there with our drug of choice. Have you looked into any local NA meetings in your area? Going to one would be a great place to start. More people will be along to help you soon!! In the meantime, why dont you check out the other forums on this site? Reading other people's stories helped me tremendously, if only to feel less alone =).

My thoughts are with you!

-bea
Old 09-13-2004, 02:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Tanya and welcome to SR,

I am a recovering addict and know how you feel. It's not easy without support. However, by going to NA meetings and coming here to SR, I have found a tremendous amount of support. They say in NA that whatever I can't do alone, we can do together. I suggest trying out a meeting or checking out the Narcotics Anonymous board we have here. Let us know how we can help.

Sherry
Old 09-13-2004, 02:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hi Tanya,
Welcome to SR. I'm an alcoholic for many years so I don't have first-hand experience with cocaine. I've only been clean for a month. It sounds like your use is out of control and that you need to slow down and get a grip on your use. I know that sounds weird, but truly, just slow down your life pace and try to go a day/hour/minute without using.
You may need to see a doctor if you're thinking about full withdrawal. I'm worried your withdrawal symptoms may be too severe to do it alone.
That's all I have to offer other than you have my full support and prayers regardless of whatever you decide to do. There'll be more posters coming around so I hope you'll stay close and wait awhile. Everyone here is friendly and helpful. Good luck to you and I hope to see your posts.
Sandy
Old 09-13-2004, 09:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome to SR!
It's up to you, what do you want to do? There is a great deal of help and support available. Check out our NA and Substance abuse forums as well!
Old 09-14-2004, 01:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well I know that you can do it. I am new to this online thing but I have been clean since Oct. 2, 2002. My 2 years is coming up. Back then I loved drugs so much but then one day I found out I was pregnant. Well I was selfish and and didn't stop in the begining but then my probation officer became my friend and I found a rehab to go to and it saved my life. My son is the most important thing in the world to me and I thank GOD everday for sending him to me. I truely believe that he was my gift from GOD because he was born on Christmas day. I think you need to find meetings and find your HIGHER POWER and good luck to you. Don't give up.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Hi Tanya

I'm a recovering crack addict (amonst other things). I've been clean from crack since sometime in 2002 (I didn't keep track of it).

I did it the hard way, without support. Now I go to AA and NA and am doing it MUCH easier. So I'll throw in my voice..... give NA a chance! One addict helping another is amazing.

I'll also second Sandy's advice about seeing a doc!
Old 09-14-2004, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Tanya
Welcome Aboard!