Notices

Please help me

Old 01-08-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome back Still Sleeping, I am recently back as well. Just finishing up day 8, and would love to have someone else along on this journey with me!
Old 01-09-2016, 01:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How are you feeling today? Lots and lots of support here for you...don't disappear again xxx

There are many of us who understand how difficult it is to maintain long term sobriety. Many of us who have relapsed and ended up right where we were. But we just need to keep moving forward my friend...give it another go. The alternative is just too miserable to contemplate.

We can't just stop drinking and then carry on with our lives the way they were, we have to make radical and far-reaching changes. Stopping drinking is just the start. My sobriety is just so precious to me now...I've even taken up exercise and healthy eating...and you KNOW how far away from the old me that is 😊...

Let's walk this path together. As Delilah said, there are lots of us looking for company on this journey xxx
Old 01-10-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much. I can't tell you what it meant to me to see all of these messages. I'm sober, two nights in a row now. Which I guess makes tomorrow my Day 3.
Man, that sounds really good.
I love you all. Back soon xxx
Old 01-13-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Okay!

Thanks again to everyone who wrote. I was feeling pretty shaky when I read everything but I'm starting to even out now. It's Day 5 and I'm feeling good. Too much chocolate and I'm thirsty like, all of the time. And mornings are really rough, really ill, much more than when I was hungover. But it's better.

I think I haven't been able to get my head around never. You know? Never again. I was miserable as **** but couldn't make that step. But Jeni reminded me about one day at a time (don't ask how I managed to forget that...) and that's where I'm at now. I don't want to think about the weekend, or next week, or next summer - I want to be sober now, and that's good enough for now.

But... strategies for the weekend? How did I do it?? No, better - how are you all doing it?

Love you all xxxx
Old 01-13-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing great getting through this. Taking it day by day is a good thing in the early days. But, preparing for the weekend could be helpful too. Do you have any plans?
Old 01-13-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Anna! I was just leaving you a note
No plans, just me, my H and the dog. Days will be filled and happy - it's in the evening that I'll struggle. 6pm to be exact
I don't want to white knuckle it but honestly don't remember what I used to do in the beginning. In fact, I'm pretty sure I just knuckled it. But I was young and tough and it's ******* hard this time round...
Old 01-13-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You can do this! It's hard, hang in there!
Old 01-13-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
quat

congrats on 5 and keep on truckin
You said you can't wrap your head around 'never' , but it is what you want yeah?( I hope). You also said you want to be sober 'now' and obviously that's fantastic.
'Now' the(any) present moment we can act, we always live in the Now. I used that idea as mindtrick/weapon against my AV , especially in the early offings. I adopted the stance that I would never now drink. Any thought or urge that would pop up would be answered by the new stance "Nope not now" , cravings/ urges really only last a short time, though they can seem like forever.
I focused on the fact that in a Now , say yesterday, I didn't drink and my arse stayed intact , so logically if I have a Now , now I should be able to ge past it again intact.
Every time I 'made it ' passed an craving or urge , it beat my AV back and starved it out making future Nows that much more 'doable'.
Anyway kind of a crazy thought pattern to wrap one's head around, but Ifound it helpful. I didn't have to fear any future Nows(tomorrow, the next five minutes , or next summer) because when I experience them it will be Now , and now I don't drink, heck even this Now I don't drink. The fear of future Nows is the AV trying to weaken your resolve, don't worry about them or give them any power over Now. Let all the nows come , they add up Just don't drink , Now
Old 01-13-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Oh I have missed you!! So glad you are back with us.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

rejoin a class thread, or join the Under One Year thread Still & post regular-like.

It can really help to 'concentrate the mind'

D
Old 01-13-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome back Stillsleeping!!

For me working out a plan ahead of time got me through many days, especially when it came to the weekends, but it can be done!!