Notices

This is fun...... :\

Old 01-08-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol withdrawal , Cymbalta withdrawal , and the kids brought home a nice lil virus from school for the whole family to enjoy...

I am not sure what my head hurts from , when my head will spin next and confusion will kick in....

Sleep 14 hrs a day , some sometimes headaches and severe confusion , sometimes clarity , sometimes feels like each eye is looking at something different than gradually becomes double vision then subsides... Then the cymbalta withdrawal brain zaps kick in , which equates to migraine , then nausea , then minor tremors...

My Dr. says it will keep improving...

Is there a rapid improvement pill available??

15 days sober , hopefully this is normal progress... My Dr thinks it is....I always seem to enjoy all the fun of PAWS and protracted withdrawal when I quit...2nd time around DOES SUCK...

Anyone listening , hear me...If ya quit once , stay quit if ya can.. What a weird ride...
Old 01-08-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll feel better soon

I dunno if this will make you feel better or worse but it's early for PAWs if its 15 days - PAWs generally kicks in sometime after after 30 days -if it kicks in at all.

This is most likely just a combination of the other things you mentioned so hopefully better days are ahead - of course do see your Dr again if you're concerned at all

D
Old 01-08-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Early recovery can be rough. See your doctor if you are feeling sick. You might have caught something from your kids. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Early withdrawal symptoms are indeed a bear. I've tried twice to quit but relapsed due to them. This time, I'm getting IV amino acid therapy to reduce/prevent them.

Maybe a good way to think of it is that: Withdrawal is very unpleasant, but it's temporary. Addiction is also very unpleasant but permanent unless you quit.

Hang in there. You can do this.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Nf,

How many relapses?

I am 8 months sober. Better than yesterday. Every day is a little better.

If not for SR....I would have relapsed 10 times easy by now.

I crave, but I am clean. I have activities that I need to be sober all the way to do well.

I will always remember alcohol is poison.

Proudly sober. Protecting my sobriety like my life depends on it.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Nofearnobeer,

Ive been through the Cymbalta withdrawals earlier this year and after about 2 weeks the brain zaps had stopped and I generally felt better. with all your body is going through try to drink heaps of water to flush your system out. I also found some multivitamins and fish oil very beneficial.

Stay strong
Old 01-08-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i hope your doctor has ya tapering off the cymbalta. goin cold turkey off of them can be deadly.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Nf,

How many relapses?

I am 8 months sober. Better than yesterday. Every day is a little better.

If not for SR....I would have relapsed 10 times easy by now.

I crave, but I am clean. I have activities that I need to be sober all the way to do well.

I will always remember alcohol is poison.

Proudly sober. Protecting my sobriety like my life depends on it.
One Relapse....Started feeling confident and good a few months out....Tried that "a few every now and then" thing , next thing ya know , WHAM...Dr. doubled a dose of my BP med , sent me straight to the ER , then Dr changed me to Cymbalta from Lexapro which I couldn't drink with....Well , that "few every now and then" thing was apparently enough to retain my brain..

So here I am , pure withdrawal coupled with lingering Cymbalta side effects. Thankfully the Dr yanked me off Cymbalta and put me back on Lexapro where I was at for 15 years....

Needless to say, my brain is like jello along with some rather annoying brain zaps...

Think I'll stay on wagon long term from now on...
Old 01-08-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
i hope your doctor has ya tapering off the cymbalta. goin cold turkey off of them can be deadly.
Was only on Cymbalta for 2 and half weeks , but it was enough to leave a lingering effect which he says should subside in 2 weeks time...
Old 01-08-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sean30 View Post
Hi Nofearnobeer,

Ive been through the Cymbalta withdrawals earlier this year and after about 2 weeks the brain zaps had stopped and I generally felt better. with all your body is going through try to drink heaps of water to flush your system out. I also found some multivitamins and fish oil very beneficial.

Stay strong
Thank you....I am pounding water , B1 and fish Oil and one of those Alive vitamins....

And for humors sake , 2 weeks before all of this , I went and got new glasses with progressive lenses...What fun this has been so far....

If I come out on top of this, it'll be a miracle...
Old 01-08-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope you'll feel better soon

I dunno if this will make you feel better or worse but it's early for PAWs if its 15 days - PAWs generally kicks in sometime after after 30 days -if it kicks in at all.

This is most likely just a combination of the other things you mentioned so hopefully better days are ahead - of course do see your Dr again if you're concerned at all

D
Thanks for the reminder Dee.... I keep forgetting these specifics...15 days is still early yet , isn't it....ooooof...
Old 01-08-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's a lot going on at once. At least you're not hung over!
Hang in there sound like you're due for a break - an d soon!
Old 01-08-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FLCamper View Post
That's a lot going on at once. At least you're not hung over!
Hang in there sound like you're due for a break - an d soon!
Yes sir....Very much so...Took this whole week off...Due back to work Monday..Hoping the brain will be co-operative....
Old 01-09-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Nf,

From what I've learned here, you probably know, it can take months and years to recover from long term alcohol and/or drug use.

The information is out there, but it is not openly out there. Pretty much have to ask the question, now online (thank god). In my case, I was deep in the rabbit hole before I decided to ask.

From my experience, after 8 months, it is all mental.

I still can't jog 3 miles straight, but I can alternate jog, walk, run over 3 miles (40 min total). I haven't fallen over from any physical issues yet.

But, I still have anxiety. It peaks when driving or walking at night. My pulse rate increases, I sense my breath rate, I become hyper aware. Fight or flight.

Thank God it has gradually gotten less and less. I would have lost my job if I took any anti d.s, or any drug like that.

Probably a good thing. Forced me to deal w life, drug free. Otherwise, it is changing from one addiction (booze), to another (anti d.s). Right?

I understand people need anti d.s. I feels Dr. Are very quick to offer them to folks at the first sign of issues. They do work (?), but most seem highly addictive and alter the brain in ways we are trying to avoid. Right?

Weaning is tough, but I basically did it (binging). But, it can be done.

It is uncomfortable, but I found nobody really cares if we are uncomfortable. They think we are irritated or angry. It gets better every single second. It is miniscule, but the better adds up and adds up.

We are all different, and if my situation were different, there is a chance I would be full up on anti d.s right now. I have an addictive personality.

So, hang in there. Easy does it. Be proud of your progress. Know it gets better every day. Waking up sober and clean is the only way to go through life.

Never go back. Alcohol is a prison. Sobriety is freedom.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrads on two weeks, as noted above withdraw is rough and lasts longer for some, so many factors to consider and we are all different.

I am not familiar with Cymbalta but I see it's an SSNRI, personally can't take them, tried once maybe 15+ years ago and the side effects for me were off the charts, dizzy, confused, head ache.......went back to what I knew would work.

Hang in there and keep this memory fresh should your AV ever try and get you to pick up. It's one of the many tools we can use to keep it at bay and beat it.

Hope the family is feeling better soon.

Andrew
Old 01-09-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sorry you are going through this- anti depressant withdrawal is so painful! Just keep reminding yourself that this feeling won't last forever. It won't, it can't. Hang in there...
Old 01-09-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Ya'll, I appreciate it...I've been on SSRI's since I got into one heck of a car wreck in 01 , smacked a hole the size of a thumb in the back of my head.. Not fun...But they gave me something to deal with post concussion symptoms..They tried switching me to cymbalta which is whel all hell broke loose....At least I am back on lexapro..Just waiting for the Cymbalta effects to stop...That's annoying in itself especially on top of withdrawal..