Notices

What "normal" drinkers dont do...

Old 01-08-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers aren't worried about somebody seeing the inside of their vehicle because they don't remember if they thoroughly hid the empties.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

This is a great thread, i am laughing out loud (& cringing)🙈🙈🙈.

Think they've all been said......
Normal drinkers remember all the details of the night before.
They dont lie about what they drank or hide bottles.
They dont swig from a vodka bottle & fill it back up with water!!!!
Old 01-08-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't automatically throw the cork away as soon as they open a bottle of wine.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't bump into tables do much.... or fall over a lot!
Old 01-08-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Or repeat themselves over an over, louder and louder....
Old 01-08-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Ah this thread, funny but sad. Reminds me of a book that got passed around at treatment, "You might be an addict/alcoholic if..." And you write in your story.

"You've ever drank mouthwash" was my addition. Sad that was 5 yrs ago and here I am still struggling daily. Sigh...
Old 01-08-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't drive to store drunk and have the following conversation with the cashier:

Cashier: Are you walking?
Me: No.
Cashier (with dirty look): Oh so you are a passenger then.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

This is a great thread. I have been sober since August, 2014, and I had somehow forgotten some of these things. It is a wonderful reminder of how great life is sober....amazing how much time drinking stole.

Normal drinkers don't always buy silver Volvo SUVs because they have read that it is the vehicle least likely to be stopped by the police.

Normal drinkers do not spend nights with crazy thoughts and weird songs going through their heads while their hearts pound.

Normal drinkers don't wake and immediately check to see if they sent any crazy texts or emails during the binge.

In Massachusetts, you could not buy alcohol on Sundays until several years ago - - normal drinkers would not go out to a few restaurants on a Sunday, sit down and order a drink and a pizza to go, put the pizza in the car and repeat at several other pizza places.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't go out for a quick beer on a Friday evening with a friend and wake up on Sunday afternoon in a different city in paper underwear lying on a massage table.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't have to pretend they're not hungry at social engagements, for fear of others seeing how badly their hands are shaking when attempting to bring a fork of food to your mouth.

Normal drinkers don't stand at the bottle shop calculating how many 'standard drinks per dollar' each booze option has.

Normal drinkers don't pretend they're going to the gym, whilst intending to go to the bottle shop all along, wait the appropriate amount of time, and return home with booze hidden in the gym bag.

Normal drinkers don't ever wonder whether they'll ever be able to be a normal drinker again.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hahaha Sebastian! I thought I was the only one, the gym was my secret outting too, I would go sit in a restaurant drink wine wait the appropriate amount of time then go home with a bottle in my bag.

Normal drinkers don't drink in the toilets at the train station in the early morning on the way the work.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

Normal drinkers don't have to make excuses for a crazy gibberish text message that got sent in a blackout.

I used to keep one relic on my phone as a reminder. It was a message to a friend back East that said "I just walked into a door. Should I go to bed, or keep floating away in a bottle?" I finally deleted it because it contained too much potential for beating myself up.

Normal drinkers don't have rehearsed postures to hide the hands so that no one sees the shaking.

Normal drinkers don't make their family cry just by the way their voice sounds over the phone.

Normal drinkers don't have a panic attack thinking if they left an empty pint of vodka on the bathroom vanity.

Normal drinkers don't know that they are called "normal drinkers."

Normal drinkers don't know that you can just keep swallowing to avoid throwing up that first shot you have when you wake up shaking with barely working legs.

Normal drinkers don't pour out half a bottle of Gatorade, replace it with 100 proof vodka, and then hope that no one accidentally takes a sip out of it at work at 7:00 in the morning.

Normal drinkers don't carry a breathalyzer around with them.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

Oh, and normal drinkers don't have a water bottle full of vodka, and a vodka bottle full of water.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:02 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Normal drinker's don't know how to hide their booze by trial and error of getting found. To find out the salt tank for the water softener was never found, and the HVAC vents downstairs worked great at keeping beer cold in the winter.
Normal drinker's don't think twice about not finishing a drink, and drives us non-normal drinkers crazy.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:02 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers doesn't have to ask themselves in the middle of the day if the intoxication is detectable yet: "Can they hear it in my voice? do I slur yet? do I stare weirdly? Do I stand in a normal manner?".
Old 01-08-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't break down in tears as they are sitting alone drinking;because they can't stop drinking, yet keep drinking
Old 01-08-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't pick up a six pack after work to just "have a few" and wake up 4 days later in police cells with no memory of the previous days...
Old 01-08-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Normal people don't wake up promising themselves that they won't drink and then cry themselves to sleep because they couldn't keep their promise
Old 01-08-2016, 09:31 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't feel paranoid when family members talk about alcoholism in general and don't worry that said family members are hinting they think you may have an alcohol problem.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:20 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't get the shakes , insomnia, diarrhea, panic attacks, and the dry heaves for three days if they decide not to have a drink.