Notices

What "normal" drinkers dont do...

Old 01-07-2016, 11:55 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I got given a lovely wine stopper as a gift.

It's still used just as it always has been, in the neck of a swanky bottle of olive oil.

It was never going to have any another purpose.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:13 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Normal drinkers don't finish all the booze in the house to "get rid of it so there isn't any left and I can start fresh tomorrow. .."
Normal drinkers don't finish all the booze in the house to "get rid of it so there isn't any left and I can start fresh tomorrow".........then 10 minutes later find themselves back down the local store buying more....and repeating the process 3 times before dawn.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:19 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

The boss gave us a bottle of wine before Xmas. ... The normal drinkers left it on their desk for several days ... i took it home that day, drank it along with another I bought.

Normal drinkers don't see their boss in the supermarket on a week night after work and hang around for longer so boss doesn't see how much wine they bought... only then to bump in to boss at check out and hide bottles under other groceries.

Normal drinkers don't drink alone in their bedroom when everyone thinks they've gone to bed.

Normal drinkers don't have their 12 year old complaining that they don't remember what they told them before bed and making remarks like "you're drunk again!"

I'm sure I can think of more ....
Old 01-08-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Great stuff--let me summarize me
1.wake up feeling bad then read about how u stop today and resolve to
2.go to work then have the AV pop up and plan your entire evening around drinking
3.vow to go home but for some reason the car automatically stops at the store or goes somewhere to get your fix.

--sorry car companies i think we already have self driving cars because we aren't driving the cars right!!! Lol

4.vow to only have one which turns into 5 quickly hiding each drink or amount
5.vow it will never happen again only to repeat the process each day
Old 01-08-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by starsailor View Post
Wow I have done far too many of these things. I seriously have a problem-thanks for this thread, it's a real eye opener.
This. Hugs, and this was the reason I started this thread.

Jennifer
Old 01-08-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post
Normal drinkers don' t buy only square shaped bottles just because they won't roll out from under the driver seat.........
Hahahaha! Why didn't I think of that?!
Old 01-08-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't leave booze free social gatherings early because it is interfering with their drinking time.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't drink blackberry liquor that they hate the taste of but deal with the gagging anyway because they can't afford a 6-pack of beer that night.

Jennifer
Old 01-08-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers cook with the cooking wine.

Jennifer
Old 01-08-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Sober AF Since 3/20/16

Normal drinkers don't meticulously notate their evening's activities on their phones - what they watched, listened to, what they said, what they did - in order to ease the horrible sensation of not having any memories of the previous night upon regaining consciousness the following morning.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I was too blind to see

Normal drinkers do not get to work at 6:30 AM, get their work assignments for the day, leave the work yard at 7 AM driving a Government vehicle and then first thing head to a liquor store.

No they just don't seem to do that.

One morning while at work and doing my early liquor store run I found a booze selling store and got what I wanted and then laid a 12 pack of beer up top the check out counter. The lady behind the counter asked of me, "are you sure that you need that ?"

Man - that made me mad !

But, as I now look back in time
it seems that she saw something in me that I was too blind to see in myself.

MB
Old 01-08-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't stand in the supermarket aisle using the calculator on their phone to work out if the litre bottle of gin @ 37.5% ABV has more alcohol in it than the 70cl bottle at 42.1% ABV.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abraxas69 View Post
Normal drinkers don't stand in the supermarket aisle using the calculator on their phone to work out if the litre bottle of gin @ 37.5% ABV has more alcohol in it than the 70cl bottle at 42.1% ABV.
Tough calculation!!! Normal drinkers wouldn't buy both to see which worked better! !!
Old 01-08-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers also bring a bottle of wine to the hostess, but they never seem to remember an additional liquor stash in your own bag...ya know, just in case...all cases.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Normal drinkers do not open a new beer because they left one downstairs and know they will finish 'that' one when they go back downstairs. I've had three going at one time because of that...
A beer in each room.
I used to do this. I didn't even realize til you said it.amazing how many things you just can't see. What an eye opener. I guess you must make your own little reality when drinking . Thanks for the wake up!
Old 01-08-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daz135 View Post
What an eye opener. I guess you must make your own little reality when drinking . Thanks for the wake up!
I think you are absolutely right! we really walk around in our own realities while drinking. What was normal for me I think normal drinkers would never even imagine people actually do!!! They can't possibly fathom how inventive we must be to keep the refills coming. Very time consuming.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers do not seem to mind drinks that are watered down with a mixer added to them... soda with their wine, coke with their whisky, tonic with their vodka, lemonade with their beer.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't automatically get high just thinking about buying something to drink.
They don't put on a show at the Lodge with only 2 small glasses of wine then go home and drink a whole bottle.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

normal drinkers don't worry about what they did the night before.
normal drinkers aren't worried if their parents have alcohol in the house if they go to visit.
normal drinkers don't have to buy a cork screw on every trip they go on and have them all over the house.
normal drinkers don't drink at the hospital when they go to visit someone.
normal drinkers don't loose their drinking privileges on a cruise
Old 01-08-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't always complain to the barman when has made them a great cocktail that "there is not enough rum/whisky or whatever in it".