Notices

What "normal" drinkers dont do...

Old 01-27-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't get drunk, pitch a fit, and get kicked out of McDonalds at 3am because the kid behind the counter refused to make them a chicken nugget McFlurry. (I really don't remember this. I was just told that I was insistent on having my ice cream blended with a 6 piece chicken mcnugget meal).
Old 01-27-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by adelina123 View Post
I'm struggling with this one too.... The first thing I thought was .... ahhh I'm only a problem drinker then so I've got a bit further to go before I'm a full blown alcoholic!! Where's the wine??
If you are on this website, you most likely are alcoholic. Problem drinking almost inevitably becomes alcoholism.

Also there is nothing to be proud of being a problem drinker. A problem drinker is the person who's consumption has caused serious issues in their life, such as, DUIs, getting fired, picking fights for no reason, promiscuity, etc.

Really the only difference from an alcoholic and a problem drinker is that the problem drinker is not physiologically or psychologically dependent yet.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't write a 2 page e mail to the company director at 3am demanding a pay rise.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers do not count minutes till they can drink again, and then count hours and the drinks they had to estimate if or when they will appear sober again..
Old 01-27-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers do not count minutes till they can drink again, and then count hours and the drinks they had to estimate if or when they will appear sober again..
Old 01-27-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers can just stop after two or three drinks, and still continue to have fun.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
Vomit all over themselves in the car several times whilst driving on the way to work
Oh yes. Quite a few times when withdrawing Id do this, its bloody awful when your driving and you just have to be sick. Thankfully Id always managed to pull over to hurl. Blergh.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Normal drinkers don't wake up each day hating themselves.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Normal drinkers don't wake up with the dry heaves, slam a shot to make them go away, throw it up, then try again until it stays down.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
zjw

normal drinkers dont start fermenting there own wine and crunching the numbers figureing out how much they'd have to ferment at a time to keep a steady daily supply available at all times. Then further think hmm would it be cheaper to just not bther with the grape juice and just try and ferment some sugar and water? Alas yes it would be then get annoyed they even gotta buy the sugar and wish they could just ferment water or something to drive the costs down further. All the while thinking this will taste like trash but who the hell cares after a few drinks what it tastes like. all the while getting excited that they not only might be able to fit this in there budget and save considerable amts of money in the long term they could proabbly up there consumption levels as well with not to much impact on the budget.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I hope you're OK now. (your jaw I mean...)

Normal drinkers don't cough in bed and end up throwing up all over themselves. Truly gross.
yeah or wake up choking and coughing barf all over themselves and there spouse and just blame indigestion.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
zjw

normal drinkers dont take the first drink of the day chug it fast to get it in there sytem and moan while doing so because it feels so good.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't have to bolt down as much food as possible (when they are motivated enough to actually eat) in the first few minutes of the meal, because they know they will soon lose the appetite and end up undereating (yet again), and they aren't sure when they will be in a position to eat again.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Normal drinkers don't have the voice nudging at their elbows and whispering in their ears sweet lies like honey dripping from its lips.

"Go on, you have had a good week", " you've had such a long and hard day", "just a couple of drinks won't harm you, you will control eventually", " Just a thimble to make us sleep well tonight ".

Normal drinkers don't have entire and very much real conversations between the two voices in their head, like the ones Gollum has..
Old 01-28-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great thread guys - join us here for part two:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D