Notices

I cannot sleep

Old 01-05-2016, 10:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I cannot sleep

I cannot sleep! I am exhausted, so I just got up instead. Making some hot tea
Old 01-05-2016, 10:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there! Sleeping was the final frontier for me when I quit drinking. It seems I had never really just "gone to sleep" but rather drank til I passed out. Given a little time it should work itself out, Susan.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there. I saw the sun rise on a handful of morning the first week. I felt like I was going crazy at times but it was better than a cracking hangover.

I found that I would go long periods without sleep then I would sleep for long periods like 12 hours (often at odd hours or during the day).

It passes.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sleep can be rough at first but it gets better with time.

I like your quotes and your dog. Is she/he an american pit bull terrier?
Old 01-05-2016, 11:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your sleeping pattern will improve Garden

D
Old 01-05-2016, 11:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had lots of problems with sleep the first couple of weeks.
I read the entire 4 volumes of Game of Thrones and wrote maybe
50 pages in a journal.

Sometimes a hot shower helps along with the tea.
Pretty soon you'll start sleeping deeper and better then you ever did drunk
Old 01-05-2016, 11:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Not sure red nose pit. That will want to go out when I do fall asleep.she has been depressed since her brother left with his dad. Gave her a good dinner and she went outside a couple of times and has been snoring on the couch since. Wish it wasn't so cold and then we could go out and play. But such is life in Illinois.

I know sleep will get better. I slept great last night but been up since 6:30am and it now 1 :30 am the next day. Another 5 hours and I will be up for 24 straight. The hot tea is helping a bit though.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Pit bulls are great dogs, I've got two back home. My female looks much like yours in the face, the only difference is the color.

I hope you get some sleep soon. I take a Tylenol pm when I cant sleep.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It takes a while for sleep patterns to even out. Give it time. It will get better.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I did take Tylenol pm didn't work......maybe got 3 hours of crappy sleep! I know it will even out but I am not very good patience. Now I don't even want to do my to list. Grr
Old 01-06-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Go easy on yourself, we don't need to be seizing the day from the word go, the body is adjusting and it will take time, do what you can do and leave the rest, there's always tomorrow, and who knows a little bit more sleep will go a long way!!

Hang in there!!
Old 01-06-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Go easy on yourself, we don't need to be seizing the day from the word go, the body is adjusting and it will take time, do what you can do and leave the rest, there's always tomorrow, and who knows a little bit more sleep will go a long way!!

Hang in there!!
I just really want to get house cleaned up. I want to see my grandsons and the one year old likes to eat hair for some weird reason. I need to dust, vacuum, wash kitchen floor and etc.... I am gonna see if she will bring them Saturday. I have meetings at 5:30 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday but really need to attend Tuesday's and Thursday's also so Saturday she is off work and could come over and spend the day and maybe leave them here for the night. We will see.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Susan. Good to see you're still posting. As I explained, I was really pleased you made that AA meeting on Monday. It's still really early days for you I think so it's not that surprising sleep is a little bit of a problem. I don't think anyone has ever died from lack of sleep - we do drop off when our bodies are ready.

If you're awake and posting, now might be a good time to put together a plan to stay sober for the next few days. You mention meetings, which is good, but I know that two days ago you nearly didn't go to a meeting and then became rather anxious and sad.

Are there some other things you could add to the recovery programme that you'd like to share with us?
Old 01-06-2016, 09:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by endlesspatience View Post
Hey Susan. Good to see you're still posting. As I explained, I was really pleased you made that AA meeting on Monday. It's still really early days for you I think so it's not that surprising sleep is a little bit of a problem. I don't think anyone has ever died from lack of sleep - we do drop off when our bodies are ready.

If you're awake and posting, now might be a good time to put together a plan to stay sober for the next few days. You mention meetings, which is good, but I know that two days ago you nearly didn't go to a meeting and then became rather anxious and sad. And

Are there some other things you could add to the recovery programme that you'd like to share with us?
Not much at the moment. Eating better, drinking lots of water, and yesterday I did text with a lady from my meetings. When I moved in with Dave I left all my recovery stuff. I had at least 40 different books, my folder I made in rehab and the few years after that. I am getting a wifi signal on my iPad but not my laptop so I can't print anything off the net. The last 3 years I have made some really bad choices!! I just have the BB now and I do read that a lot. Also listen to the speaker tapes. Really been doing a lot of crying.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I should think the crying and the lack of sleep are a purge to the feelings you had following your last slip. If you can stay sober for a longer period, things will start to get back into balance. Reading the BB and listening to speaker tapes sounds like a sensible approach.

Also, some face to face contact with AA people would I think help. But I know it can be hard to face people sometimes.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by endlesspatience View Post
I should think the crying and the lack of sleep are a purge to the feelings you had following your last slip. If you can stay sober for a longer period, things will start to get back into balance. Reading the BB and listening to speaker tapes sounds like a sensible approach.

Also, some face to face contact with AA people would I think help. But I know it can be hard to face people sometimes.
I am planning on going tonight. Just ate big bowl of cereal, dogs going potty then I am taking long hot shower.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

That's good Susan. It's already early evening here and I'm fixing some dinner then heading out to a meeting too.

Wish I had a nice dog to keep me company!
Old 01-06-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Would be lost without her
Old 01-06-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Have a good day and catch you later or tomorrow.