Notices

I cant fn do this

Old 01-03-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I cant fn do this

I have to be drunk at night. Cant not be.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, csaw's AV!

csaw, don't let it lie to you. You can do it.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can be sober at night
That idea you can't is coming right from your addicted voice
that wants the booze and is trying to force you to provide it.

You have the power to say no
You don't have to pick up a drink
It's your choice, not the Addict Voice in your head.
It gets easier but the first few days can be tough

Be strong
Old 01-03-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You came to Sr--you must want to try...I'm a tough case too!
Old 01-03-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Csaw- you can do it!
I am early on this road to recovery, so I cannot offer too much advice. One thing that finally clicked for me was this - on Dec 30 after a long stressful day which began hungover (as they all did) I thought everything will be okay as soon as I can get home and pour that first drink. Then on the way home it hit me like a ton of bricks. Truth is - that first drink always did make me feel better, but it NEVER stopped there. That first drink led to me pouring poisonous amounts of vodka down my throat, passing out, waking up miserable and repeating. I have reminded myself hundreds of times in the last five days, that as tempting as that first drink sounds -it ends terribly. Every time.
You can do this, we can do it together!
Old 01-03-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Csaw, you CAN quit. You just have to want it bad enough to do something about it. There are many resources available. Sobriety is yours for the taking, but you have to be willing to put the work in to achieve it. I dare say that at some point every person on this forum questioned whether or not they could quit. Look inside yourself to find the strength to do whatever it takes to get your life back.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by csaw1112 View Post
I certainly felt that way - and while it wasn't easy the expected agony was not too bad and not prolonged either - after a few night things should look up for you csaw.

plenty of support available here 24/7 too

D
Old 01-03-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You ca do it. 28days ago I said I will never take the first drink so far so good. You can. You
Old 01-03-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Its very very hard to do it alone - don't feel bad that you a struggling. Can you go to a detox facility ? Or do you have any family or a close friend who could come and stay with you for the first few days, to help talk you back from the edge.

I'm ashamed to admit when I stopped drinking massive amounts of vodka and taking pills I had to give my mum my car keys and all my money and credit cards.... I would not have been able to stop otherwise.... the cravings were insanely strong. How horrible that my mum had to see me like that, but it helped me to stop that time for 14 months.

Goodluck x x
Old 01-03-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You Can do this, I have been doing it. I use to drink after work. Now I go to an AA meeting or have another planned activity. Plan on doing something that doesn't involve alcohol after work. If you don't what to go to AA then pick a movie tonight and go see it tomorrow-a movie studio that doesn't serve alcohol. Get you mind off setting around the house after work doing nothing.

BTW- you only have to quit drinking one night, tonight is all you need worry about. First night is the hardest, the second not so much. After a week it will be much better.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It is possible! You can do it. I thought I could not not drink at night either. No way, no how, not me, I was going to drink til I died I thought. But I've now had 103 nights (and days!) of not drinking. There is so much good advice here. Stick close, keep reading, and post whenever you need to. We know how it is, and we're all pulling for you!
Old 01-03-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

A few days or a week of white knuckling it through the nights is so much better in the long run than a never ending series of blackouts and hangovers.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Sounds like you need a plan for resisting your AV at night.

Can you recognize it? Tell it to shaddap. Then implement some nondrinking strategies (your plan).

Figure out some things you will do instead when it hits you at night.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Either way it's not a sustainable way forward to drink each and every night, I did it for years and it's a road to nowhere.

So there has to be another way forward, there just has to be, and there is!!
Old 01-04-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Check in Csaw
Old 01-04-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You can do it but only you can decide to be committed to an alcohol free life, first thing I had to do was stop and let my head clear, stay busy doing whatever, I like to walk, as soon as the fog starts to lift get a plan in place to stay sober, reading resources, meetings online and face to face, do you have a friend that could hold you accountable and help you through this? This is one thing that was important to me, look at it this way, if you research and read here you will see that alcohol will eventually take everything from you or you can put it down and have a happy productive life, like anything in life it takes work, so I encourage you to roll up your sleeves and get down to work, trust me it is a great life being free of this sickness and what it does.

All the best
Andrew
Old 01-04-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by csaw1112 View Post
Addiction in the raw, for all the world to see. What else could make a person feel that something so completely absurd was true?

You feel it, but you don't believe it. That's why you posted here, csaw.

There's a path to sober living for you. Keep posting, we'll help you find it.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I tossed and turned for a couple hours last before getting up and taking a few shots. I was worried i wouldnt get any sleep, so i opted for the hangover instead. I wont have a choice tonight because i drank the very last of all the alchohol in my house, but im off tomorrow so it doesnt matter that i dont sleep. Guess we'll just see how it goes ��
Old 01-04-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Csaw, attitude is everything. It's not something that you can take a wait-and-see approach to. If you really want to quit, make a plan. It's your choice. We will be here to help you, we want to see you succeed. The ball is in your court.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

It's going to be uncomfortable to quit.

I didn't sleep well for weeks. I would get up and log in to this site and read while drinking hot cocoa. Then I would go back to bed and be able to sleep. Sleep will come, it is just a bit erratic at first.

I had a lot of anxiety in the early days. I had to just hang on. It passes, but there is going to be some discomfort for a while.