SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Just got out of jail (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/382227-just-got-out-jail.html)

DontRemember 01-03-2016 01:17 PM

Just got out of jail

Wrecked my truck(totaled) hitting a concrete highway divider at 70+mph,broken nose,VERY ashamed. I'm just thankful it was concrete instead of a family. I'm going to check myself into a inpatient center after I get my affairs in order(lawyer,daughter coming in from college for a visit,ect..) I will not be drinking during any of this..I simply can not,anymore.

suki44883 01-03-2016 01:20 PM

I'm so sorry this happened, but if it is what makes you turn things around, then it wasn't all bad. Glad you're not seriously hurt.

Anna 01-03-2016 01:30 PM

That sounds very scary. I am so glad you are safe and no one else was hurt.

Use this opportunity to get things sorted and move forward with a sober life.

SoberinSyracuse 01-03-2016 01:36 PM

Glad nobody was hurt. I totaled my car in October and was arrested, and it was my turning point.

PurpleKnight 01-03-2016 01:37 PM

Sounds like it's time to draw a final line under alcohol, it seems to be causing nothing but misery.

You'll find loads of support here on SR!! You can do this!! :)

Dee74 01-03-2016 01:38 PM

I hope you can make this you're turning point too DR.

I understand you can;t go into rehab now for various reasons but don't let that stop you from working on your recovery.

D

least 01-03-2016 01:40 PM

If you get sober, this won't have to happen again. I'm glad no one else was hurt.

ALinNS 01-03-2016 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Purpleknight (Post 5721952)
Sounds like it's time to draw a final line under alcohol, it seems to be causing nothing but misery.

You'll find loads of support here on SR!! You can do this!! :)

This is the starting point and we are here to help in any way we can, glad you are ok

Fly N Buy 01-03-2016 02:18 PM

Glad you survived and recognize the opportunity - I think we represent many who did not make it this point. You are not alone and have found others just like you.

Welcome

Hevyn 01-03-2016 02:21 PM

I'm glad you see what needs to happen, DR. We're here for you to lean on as you begin your sober life. We know you can do it.

soberclover 01-03-2016 02:47 PM

ugh...sorry this had to happen to you but I'm glad you are working on a plan to maintain your sobriety. Glad you are here!

Pondlady 01-03-2016 02:52 PM

So glad you weren't seriously hurt , at 70 miles an hour! Recognizing things need to change , is a step in the right direction.

DontRemember 01-03-2016 03:49 PM

Scariest part of the whole ordeal isn't jail time,fines,ect... Deep down I have a feeling that I hit that wall purposefully. Last thing I remember,before being knocked unconscious,is "F it!".. I have an appointment set for a therapist on Wen. I truly feel like I tried to kill myself.

chrcarlson 01-03-2016 04:10 PM

Sounds rough. Lawyer and affairs in order. Will you be going to jail? I will be next weekend for my 2'nd DWI. It's 30 days on weekends. Next DWI will be a felony and prison. I quit Dec 9 without "help" from the legal system. Some of us need more of an event to quit.

PM me if you want to chat.

Best Wishes

DontRemember 01-03-2016 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by chrcarlson (Post 5722189)
Sounds rough. Lawyer and affairs in order. Will you be going to jail? I will be next weekend for my 2'nd DWI. It's 30 days on weekends. Next DWI will be a felony and prison. I quit Dec 9 without "help" from the legal system. Some of us need more of an event to quit.

PM me if you want to chat.

Best Wishes

Thanks... This will be my 2nd in 6+yrs.. I'll probably have to serve some time. Going to try and get house arrest,w/a bracelet that monitors my intake..hopefully. This past weekend was a nightmare and I'm a 'tough guy',but know how one thing snowballs into many,when inside.

MariahGayle 01-03-2016 04:22 PM

Glad you are here DR...that is scary. I put my car in a ditch one night almost 3 years ago.....twice the legal limit. I too was so ashamed but thankful I did not kill someone or myself. When I went to court, their was two people being charged with manslaughter for drunk driving.

melki 01-03-2016 04:26 PM

That's very scary... Please follow through with the inpatient center and the therapist and keep reaching out, reading, and posting. :grouphug:

DontRemember 01-03-2016 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by MariahGayle (Post 5722208)
Glad you are here DR...that is scary. I put my car in a ditch one night almost 3 years ago.....twice the legal limit. I too was so ashamed but thankful I did not kill someone or myself. When I went to court, their was two people being charged with manslaughter for drunk driving.

As I was staring at the ceiling,while inside,that's all I could think about. My daughter's future without me,other people I could have hurt/killed and the way you wake up in a daze,confused,about why you're there. I can not imagine if I had hurt/killed someone,which is a VERY real possibility! This was an awakening for me! I'll,obviously,take whatever punishment I'm given and never do that again.

SweatyHands 01-03-2016 04:34 PM

I'm pretty good at forgiving myself for all of the stupidity that I was a party to while drinking, but driving drunk is something that I did far too often that still shames me. I got a DUI 17 years ago, and it wasn't more than a month after I got my license back that I started drinking and driving again. I always was able to rationalize it at tue time, and I always woke up the next day saying "never again," but the only thing that ended my drunk driving was giving up the drink.

airwick 01-03-2016 07:20 PM

Glad to hear you are alright,glad you are choosing to become sober :)
:c011: