Notices

Just got out of jail

Old 11-09-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Whatsdoneisdone View Post
Hey DontRemember,

I've read through your thread, im sorry you've had to experience all this. I'm currently facing a 2nd DUI charge, no accident but I still fear the worst. I start a new job next week to help me pay for the fines and hopefully get a lawyer.
As a young man who is currently in College with dreams of pursuing a lucrative career this has rocked my world in devastating way. I would like to ask a few questions if you wouldn't mind? Your responses will help my peace of mind tremendously, and I realize everything is subjective.
First I wanted to ask, how has this whole ordeal changed your life? Have you been able to get back to a normal life? I fear this 2nd DUI diminishes any real hope of getting a good career given my record...I wonder if it's even worth it to continue pursuing school.
Are you financially crippled as a result of the DUI? Another fear of mine is the possibility of never being able to crawl out of the hole this will create for me financially.
And lastly are you driving again? My main concern is that given all these consequences I can pretty much write off ever operating a vehicle again, at least legally.
I hope you take the time to answer my questions, but either way I wish you the very best.
Hi there..The main thing that changed in my life is my sobriety and with that a lot of things came to change. People I hang out with,broke up with my girlfriend(she was toxic),closer than ever with my family and real friends. Financially I'm kind of rebuilding. I'm self employed so, when I didn't have my license that proved difficult at times,but I'm almost back to the same status before the wreck. I got lucky with my license only being suspended for 3 months,but I waited until I had a good grip on my sobriety before I got them reinstated.I was afraid I'd drive drunk,so I got them back after 4months of solid sobriety with the help of AA and the fine folks here.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing well. i was afraid of AA - thought it was punishment. Little did i know it was a gift. Treatment, too!
Old 11-09-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Whatsdoneisdone View Post
Hey DontRemember,

I've read through your thread, im sorry you've had to experience all this. I'm currently facing a 2nd DUI charge, no accident but I still fear the worst. I start a new job next week to help me pay for the fines and hopefully get a lawyer.
As a young man who is currently in College with dreams of pursuing a lucrative career this has rocked my world in devastating way. I would like to ask a few questions if you wouldn't mind? Your responses will help my peace of mind tremendously, and I realize everything is subjective.
First I wanted to ask, how has this whole ordeal changed your life? Have you been able to get back to a normal life? I fear this 2nd DUI diminishes
any real hope of getting a good career given my record...I wonder if it's even worth it to continue pursuing school.
Are you financially crippled as a result of the DUI? Another fear of mine is the possibility of never being able to crawl out of the hole this will create for me financially.
And lastly are you driving again? My main concern is that given all these consequences I can pretty much write off ever operating a vehicle again, at least legally.
I hope you take the time to answer my questions, but either way I wish you the very best.
I have had 2 DUI's....they were almost 18 years ago. It cost me 10K per DUI, and on the 2nd one I couldn't drive for a year(suspended license). I then had an interlock system on my car for 1 year and a one month house arrest....I had to do court ordered drug and alcohol treatment (2 years),and daily breath tests (for alcohol). In the end, it was very costly...but I thanked God every day that I didn't kill someone while driving. You can do this, don't drop out of school or change your job....just include the requirements into your life. Sending encouragement your way!