Notices

Back again.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again.

Cant quite remember the last time i was here. Over a few months ago, June i think.
Anyway since then, i've bought a house, got my drivers liscence back which i lost for drink driving, dumped by 2 girlfriends because of drinking, longest amount of time sober was 6 days straight, been in 2 physical fights and continued to drink and drive.
Total disaster and Back to trying again at day 1.
Peace.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Kimura...you'll find understanding and support here. How can we help?
Old 01-01-2016, 09:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope 2016 can be your turning point Kimura. What's the plan?

D
Old 01-01-2016, 10:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No real plan.
Thought about going to the doctor but what can they do anyway? Im the one putting it down my throat- some pretty ridiculous amount of spirits.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

No real plan.
Thought about going to the doctor but what can they do anyway? Im the one putting it down my throat- some pretty ridiculous amount of spirits.
Make a plan, Kimura

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 01-02-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting and congrats on Day 1. It never feels good but it gives us inspiration to see people trying so hard to improve their lives
Old 01-02-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

I agree with Dee that a plan is essential. It does not need to be grand or brilliant or elaborate - it just needs to be a plan.

I especially like this from the third link Dee posted: "Don’t confuse enthusiasm for action. Figure out what you need to do to stay sober and then do it."

My plan is working so far. 9 days, but that ain't nothing to sneeze at if you know my history. The plan is only about 4 items long so far and I will add as needed. #1 is Don't Drink. Added last night: If I find myself making a plan to follow through with temptation, think fast and act immediately to immobilize that plan!
Old 01-02-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kimura View Post
No real plan.
I guess my question would be do you want to stop and get off the roller coaster or continue, I know from my own experience I had it all at one point, career with a six figure income, family, friends and guess what, it took that all away and it has no timeline,
Old 01-02-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Gotta reiterate the advice you're getting: Get a plan.

I relapsed without a plan. Quitting alcohol leaves a void in one's life, plus there's lots of work to do to mend fences and start building a decent life for yourself. Get a plan and also see your doctor. There are many resources including meds which can help.

My longest dry spell was 3 1/2 weeks. So, all this means is that we didn't have all the tools we needed to make it work. Try again, with a better approach! You know the enemy better now, so you're better prepared to defeat it.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Kimura, Your next DWI is going to make the last one look like a walk in the park. If you are going to continue to drink make a PLAN before you pickup the first drink. If you are going to a bar download the Uber app and use it both ways. If you go to someones house they them you have to spend the night before going. If you drink at home make sure you don't have to leave for smokes, more booze...Before you take a drink. Another DWI isn't going to be good for anyone.

You can quit if you want. Many on here have. I started with AA but there are many other ways. Know that the desire to drink isn't coming from you it's AV, the beast and many other names. It help me to separate myself from the craving/desire.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk Kimura
Old 01-02-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Forgot to say going to the doctor is the best thing I've done recently to help with getting dried out. Mine prescribed medication that is helping tremendously. It's not a cure, but a crutch I needed badly and am using well.

Don't discount anything you think of that may be of help. That's your addiction trying to keep you from kicking it to the curb.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Its a new day, new year all that. Don't think about what you have done but what you can do. If you want to stop, with the history you supplied, I am sure you know there are lots of services and help out here. Keep coming back here every time you are going to drink. read your past posts or someone else's. This can be managed and you can do it. Much respect and strength going out to you.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome back Kimura!!
Old 01-02-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to see you back, Kimura. You sound ready to do this.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Been ready to do this for along time. Trust me I've hit the so called 'rock bottom' the only more rock bottom is death.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome back Kimura.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! I hope you are successful this time. Build a plan for sobriety and stick to it.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

If you are drinking a lot of spirits then the doctors can actually give you 2 shots will help you get through the first 3 days of withdrawal a little easier if you want to quit. Those helped me because mine were really bad too and I imagine you will have some as well.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad your here Kimura!