Notices

So ashamed

Old 01-03-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Oh, yes. I certainly do relate to this. Especially "waking up" thinking it was 6 am then discovering it was 6 pm and trying to play it off. Ouch!!
Old 01-03-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

You're doing great.
It takes a while but you'll have peace of mind soon.
It's a wonderful thing to not have to worry about bottles anymore.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

All of the energy that I used to devote to hiding booze and figuring out how to get to it can now be devoted to recovery. The trickiest was waking up in the middle of the night and needing a drink, sneaking downstairs to get it, and then having to get into bed in a position that I wasn't breathing 100 proof vodka onto my wife. Life is so much easier when I don't have to hide my drinking.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Alcohol is the master and we are it's slave until we make the decision to end the relationship. We can't remain friends because alcohol will only let us die when we have given away all of the things in life we love and cherish.

For me I had to completely give up the fight and embrace AA
Old 01-03-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberinSyracuse View Post
Oh, yes. I certainly do relate to this. Especially "waking up" thinking it was 6 am then discovering it was 6 pm and trying to play it off. Ouch!!
Oh the times I did this! Wondering who had got the kids up for school because I could hear them downstairs then realising it was 7pm not 7am and that I had 'napped' through dinner.

Grateful to be ending day 3 still sober and more determined than ever to stay sober.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Vodka. It's always that darned vodka. My favorite (NOT) vodka memory is when I was living with a BF and trying to pretend my drinking was under control. He always kept a huge mag of Grey Goose in the freezer. Within a day of moving in, I started nipping off that. "Nipping" is too delicate a word. I probably killed a quarter of it, so I replenished what I'd drank with water and then passed out on the bed.

I woke up in the early evening to see him sitting in a chair across from me, just waiting for me to wake up. And holding in his hands the frozen bottle of vodka-water.

Ouch!
Old 01-03-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Well done on day 3
I was a vodka sneeker as well, I suppose I thought
It wasn't smelly but my other half always knew.
You have done the best thing ever by stopping drinking
and coming to this site is so helpful as the previous
post show, people here understand like no one else
The encouragement from everyone is truly amazing
Keep it up you will win !!
Old 01-03-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

It's true. Almost everyone that I know that has gotten dangerously out of control (myself included) was on to the vodka at the end. After my wife told me that she didn't think that I needed to bring a drink to bed with me, I started keeping two water glasses in the bedroom. The one on my nightstand was water, in case she ever wanted to check and see if I was sneaking drinks, and then there was a pint glass half full of 100 proof vodka on the window sill behind the curtain. Then, when she was asleep or not looking, I could take a gulp from the window sill glass and put it back. It was like the saddest magic trick ever put together.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Soberinsyracuse, you sound just like me. I was constantly racing around replacing vodka with water then buying more vodka to replace the watered down stuff. Once I drank half the christmas brandy and topped that up with water. I think everyone guessed why the Christmas pudding wouldn't catch fire even after two generous splashes of watered down brandy.

Sweatyhands: I was the same, I kept a water bottle filled with vodka in my bedside draw so I could drink myself to sleep. So glad to be on day four sober.

Thanks for sharing x
Old 01-05-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
now's the time

This was my endless cycle:

Oh shoot, I drank my roommate's vodka last night/this afternoon/this morning. I need to go replace it. panics all day

goes and spends twice as much at the corner store on way home from work because too hung over to go across town to the BevMo

Well it was only 75% full. I can't just pour 25% of this out! I'll just put it aside and drink it later.

x number of hours later

Oh shoot.