Notices

The longer I go sober the more sickened I am of how...

Old 01-01-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The longer I go sober the more sickened I am of how...

Alcohol is the centerfold of Most peoples' lives. Everyone drinking, and "celebrating", if you go to downtown San Diego, hordes of people running around, bar hopping, in a drunken stupor. What the hell is alcohol, forget the labels and titles for a second.

It's a drug in a liquid form, and it is one of the most dangerous drugs in the world. I'm simply ashamed of my past alcoholic actions, and it worries me that there are so many people always getting drunk on "special" occasions. There's always something to "celebrate" every month...

Imagine how many people got DUI's over the weekend, CHP reported 5 deaths so far and over 55 DUI arrests in the county.

People are infatuated with booze, it is highly glamorized, I too was infatuated...Society is infatuated with it. But in truth, it is an extremely dangerous substance.

The year will be over again before you know it, the months trickle by like water drops. Invest in yourself, buckle down for the next 6 months and be prepared to deal with the initial sorrows of sobriety. I wish you guys luck, I had my last drink on October 12th, and of course, I engraved another anxiety riddled memory into my brain that I could have done without, but now I have to live with it. Never again, let those memories fade into the past.

Start the year strong. The "what's the point..?" is your mind trying to trick you to drinking. I already know that at the end of this year, I will be fully sober, join me. I'll bump this thread on October 2016, join me today.

As Shia Lebeouf would say..................JUST DO IIIIIT
Old 01-01-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I used to celebrate just making it through another day at work!!

It's always amazed me how tobacco because it is perceived to harm others has been pushed to the kerb, here there's no smoking in public places, it's an offence to smoke in a car with a child in it, and the advertising of it on TV is banned, whereas alcohol?

The marketing around alcohol is crazy these days, even to the point of every sporting event seems to be sponsored by something or another, so there's no getting away from it sometimes, if you watch as much sport as I do.

We just have to stick to our plan, and pay no heed to what the rest of the world is doing, but we have to remember that there are many who live without alcohol, there's a whole other wold out there that doesn't revolve around drinking!!
Old 01-01-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Funny you mention San Diego... I know the gas lamp district of which you speak. No thanks.

I spent New Year's Eve with My family in north county drinking mocktails and watching movies. Best New Years ever.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Alcohol is the only drug in the world that people think you have a problem if you don't want to use it.