Notices

loose everything or stop.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Kev, I'm so glad you're deciding to quit now. I kept going with it for many more years - and it almost destroyed my life. This never has to happen to you. Welcome.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Kev! I
Old 01-02-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

hi everyone
Old 01-02-2016, 01:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevf11 View Post

I have chronic anxiety daily, and hungover paranoid (the whole worlds going to end for me) kind off thoughts.
This.

This is why I stopped. I stopped at 32 so if you can stop now you'll save yourself a decade of feeling like this. I would go into bizarre paranoid "world is going to end" thoughts pretty much every day because I was hungover every day.

I can't even tell how much life improves when you stop drinking alcohol completely and give yourself a chance to lead a normal life.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
This.

This is why I stopped. I stopped at 32 so if you can stop now you'll save yourself a decade of feeling like this. I would go into bizarre paranoid "world is going to end" thoughts pretty much every day because I was hungover every day.

I can't even tell how much life improves when you stop drinking alcohol completely and give yourself a chance to lead a normal life.
yeh it makes life pretty un bearable how ever feeling better already that im taking action and doing something about it.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I too started drinking at 13, and while I don't think my father was necessarily an alcoholic, he was certainly emotionally unavailable due to his drinking, and his drinking caused a tension in the family home which I now (as an adult in her EARLY lol 40s) finally recognise as having had an impact on me and how I have operated in my dealings with others and in relationships (whether intimate; with friends; with colleagues; or bosses; or even shop assistants that I might have to deal with). I might have conceded to being 'angry' but I didn't recognise that most of that anger was an outlet for fear and anxiety. AA and working the 1-steps with a sponsor has really helped me finally work through those fears and anxieties, and the long-nursed resentments that I held close and cherished, thinking that my anger made me 'stronger' somehow.

I'm quite envious that you have recognised this need for change so early. I wish I had - and when I look back, all the warning signs were there when I was your age. But then I just surrounded myself with others who drank like me, and behaved in some similar ways (not that I was ever honest about what I was up to with them) and justified my drinking to myself as something 'loads of people do'.

Good luck with your AA meetings. Have you been yet? Don't let your age put you off. There's a speaker called Debs who entered the rooms when she was about 16 / 17. There are also lots of resources for young people in AA (they wouldn't write or print them if they thought it unnecessary would they).

Good luck.

A Message for Young People | Newcomers | About AA | Alcoholics Anonymous (Great Britain) Ltd

Smashing the Illusion | March 2015 | Roundabout Magazine | Fellowship Magazines | Members | Alcoholics Anonymous (Great Britain) Ltd
Old 01-02-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Couldn't quote due to links

i have not been yet but ill keep everyone updated on either this or a new thread. My drinking is that bad and the anger and wanting to fight and self destruct has caused even the worst drinkers not want to drink with me.. that says alot. How ever im not stupid and realize i have a problem and this is no longer a choice in life anymore or it will cost me everything.