Notices

Old 01-01-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I had so many plans for 2016 and for the first time I can count on probably 2 hands I am drinking during the day. I don't drink during the day, I only drink at night. This is not how I wanted or expected to start 2016.

Anyway, I have lots of plans and goals for 2016. My main concern is I always make plans to do too much and then get overwhelmed and fail. I am making a list of my goals and plant to put them in order so I will hopefully succeed on at least some of them. My main goal is to stop drinking for good. I did have 3.5-4 month s sober in 2015 (with 67 consecutive days and many 7-9 day stretches) which is the most sober time I have had in probably 20 or more years. November & December were hard and I have been drinking way too much and I need to stop now. I am planning my new day one to be 1/4/16. I am planning on joining the January class. I am nervous as I have failed the monthly classes so many times but at the same time, the June 2015 class was instrumental in keeping me sober those 67 days. I hope this time it sticks and I can stay sober for good. I am tired and I really can't do this much longer.

Thank you all for being here. I hope everyone has a safe, happy & sober 2016 Wishing the best for all
Old 01-01-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back Emme, Happy New Year!!

You can definitely make this a permanent change, change up your plan, no matter what it is, do something different, nothing changes if nothing changes, the less we put down to hoping, wishing or intending but rather have a structured plan to make Sobriety happen the better, leave nothing to chance and you'll get there!!

You can do this!!
Old 01-01-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

is this a day 1 Emme ?
Old 01-01-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

You can do it emme. But you posted " I really can't do this much longer." Can you do it any longer? Make a commitment to not do it any longer, day by day.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks all~
Hi Soberwolf, day one will be Monday I already drank today and Monday will be easier for me than to try and start on a weekend.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Emme, make today your starting point. Why wait until 1/4? You'll start to feel better sooner. Don't put it off any longer. A new start awaits! Pour anything you have remaining down the drain.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Emme! I was with you in the June class. You can do this. You say you have so many goals for 2016, but how many of them can you accomplish while you're drinking?

If you are pushing your day 1 to Monday in order to allow yourself the weekend drinking, how will you face it next weekend? Day 1 means a new beginning, taking control of your life. Try not to think of it as something you're losing (drinking), but of all of the things you're gaining. Imagine not having to plan your alcohol purchases or the stress associated with not having "enough." You'll gain a clear head and can put all of the energy you'd put into drinking into something constructive.

You have the desire and you've got a countless number of people on your side. It doesn't matter how many times you've tried to stop, so don't allow yourself to be brought down by past disappointments.

Talk to us if you're feeling overwhelmed, we're here!
Old 01-01-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm gonna call your AV out on Monday being easier to quit. That's nonsense Emme

The best day to quit is now...You've already made the decision to quit...don't negotiate with your AV.

so what if you've drunk today? There's no rule that says you need to compound a mistake.

make that your last drink and today the day you change your life, for good

D
Old 01-01-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I will change my day one to Sunday, 1/3/16. I can't change it to tomorrow I feel like I will be setting myself up for failure and I want this to be my final day 1.
Thanks everyone for the responses & encouragement

Franz, one of the great things about those 67 days was not having to plan which store I was going to purchase alcohol from so I wasn't going to the same store all of the time and waking up thinking how much alcohol do I have, how much do I need, etc. It was such a relief not to go through that everyday. I purchased alcohol yesterday and was so nervous because I have been to every nearby store so much lately I am sure my drinking is not a secret to anyone. I will be glad when that is over
Old 01-01-2016, 10:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Emme- I'm new at this game but will share my thoughts anyway.

When you post you are going to drink a few more days and then quit it sounds like you are controlling alcohol. I think that's how alcohol controls you. As Dee said-it's AV.

I wish you well.