Notices

Transience and transformation

Old 02-09-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks!

PK, I really like that song and did not know it before The lyrics are something that speak to me also and I can easily project a lot into it, all that "looking through the glass", internal-external world thing... Won't get into details since this is an SR post not a psychoanalytic session, just wanted to say it was a good choice of song for me. I like the video, too -- reminds me of the social life we had due to my dad as I was growing up... and a bit what I sometimes have now with my husband's large family. No booze bottles displayed the same way though, fortunately
Old 02-10-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So that song PK posted reminds me of songs by the bands "10 years" or "Breaking Benjamin" in musical style definitely and also in lyrical content to some extent. Here are two examples, two songs I have identified with in many ways throughout a good chunk of my life including active alcoholic and sober. More "dark" outlook though.

It's pretty obvious from everything I've experienced over time is that I am not an emotionally very secure and stable person, and I kinda tend to think I will never become one. What I find immensely comforting and helpful though is what comes with dropping my guards ~completely (as much as I can at a certain time at least) in an intimate relationship. Since my late teens, relationships like that have been by far the most fulfilling for me, connections with depth and vulnerability, and mutually. Merging experiences. It is hard but is always worth the pain for me beyond expectations. Being naked in body, mind and spirit. Achieving this state in a relationship is also what tends to create profound attachments for me and also for my partners with me, it does not always feel healthy and definitely not moderate at times, yet both the craziest and the most healing experiences in the interpersonal world