Notices

high on paint fumes now!

Old 09-12-2004, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lisa

high on paint fumes now!

Well, now that I have all this free time on my hands and am not getting messed up anymore I have decided that this week is house-painting week. This is my first time attempting to paint, and just for the record it's turning out to be a lot more work than it appears! This teensy little bathroom is starting too look like a mansion to me, and all I've done is prime it! Well, after this room I just have a kitchen, living room, hallway, and 2 bedrooms to go-wish me luck! Oh, and for all those people that don't know what to do now that they aren't using or drinking, there's plenty of painting left over here!
Old 09-12-2004, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

have fun and good luck! painting sure is a bigger project than it seems ... all the taping, then the first coat of primer, then a coat of paint, then another coat of paint. then the trim has to be untaped and then painted.

im sure your place will look rockin!

have fun,

dot
Old 09-12-2004, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
spirit

i found the best bit of painting was getting wall paper off the walls haha

painting is a big job, and i agree, i did a bathroom once and that nearly did me in for a year haha. do a little bit at a time, there is a great website called dulux.com.
where there is an online painting program ( no it doesnt do it for you haha) but you can pick rooms like might look like yours and try all the different colours to see what works etc.

it is fun
cheers
kath
Old 09-13-2004, 06:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lisa

I checked out that website...it's really kewl! Thanks for the advice! And I did learn one lesson already, to ventilate the house next time! Yesterday I spent all day taping, putting up 2 coats of primer and one coat of paint...next thing I know I started getting dizzy and nauseous. My boyfriend came home from work and asked why I didn't have any windows open....hmmm, good question! lol I hope that after I'm sober for awhile some of those old brain cells decide to make a return. Oh, I have another funny burnt moment for ya...was wathcing the news and saw Hurricane Hunter at the bottom of the screen...told my bf I thought the name of the hurricane was Ivan...have I been this dingy the whole time I've been using and was just too high to realize it? lol