Notices

Relationship advice with my recovering fiance

Old 03-24-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

my son is my number 1. i cant believe any of this has happened to me.

she is already bringing my son around this guy and i cant stand it. he picks up every friday night from what people close to him tell me.

so it doesnt look like she is doing the right things either.
no new relationships for 1 year.

i have learned i am defenseless about people places and things.

i am learning to accept all of this and move forward
Old 03-24-2016, 08:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry. Please try to keep in mind that whatever you did or didn't do made her find someone else. It seems like a remarkable number of new, incredibly dysfunctional relationships are created in rehab, especially given that they're so strongly discouraged. Just a new drug.

I'm so thankful your son has you. Hang on and hang in. There are a zillion lovely women out there looking to love someone just like you.

Sending you a hug.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It is true, we can only work on ourselves. It sounds like you are doing better things with your life and moving in the right direction. From the beginning of your story here, you have made positive steps forward. It will all benefit your son, no matter what else is happening.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry it all played out like this for you

Your son needs to be your main focus right now... You seem like a great dad so I'm sure you already know this.

Staying sober through all this is a huge accomplishment!
Stay close we are here for you!
Old 03-24-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

thank you....

because she filed for custody first she now has temp custody and i am fighting and fighting for him hard. court is still 2 months away, i have her court decree from her last marriage and it involved drugs and alcohol.....also her suicide attempt in Dec doesnt look good.

i just pray the judge does the right thing and gives me our son.

she has used me for so much and i continually did the right thing.....signed over the title to the van and gave her half the tax money. she went and bought a new car. all just to rub in my face.

i am trying to stay positive and going to as many meetings as possible. my sponsor went through something similar.

i just have to sit back and wait for this to blow up i guess. i just pray my son isnt around her when it does
Old 03-24-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

hahaha may need to change my name tho :-)

she still has the ring too :-(

i love my son. i want to be the best father possible for him

amazing all i wanted was a clean home to raise our family and this happens. obv im still heartbroken
Old 03-24-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yes with the name change or just add was

Sounds like you did all the right things. I have no experience with custody battles but her track record is not good. You still have the opportunity to raise your son in a clean home... just not on the terms you originally thought. Just keep working on you. It sounds like you have some good support with your sponser.