Notices

Day 631

Old 12-25-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 631

I'll have to admit this is probably the toughest time I've had staying sober as of recently it's been a test to say none the least. I'm passing but feel as if I
Not achieving anything. I'm sure some of you can relate to your first holiday without a loved one or first holiday single or divorced for that matter mine is the first in 6 years after being with the same girl for 6 years this holiday season just doesn't seem right. Seems like each year the family gets smaller and smaller and the desire for the holidays gets less and less. If any of you are struggling this holiday season with whatever soberity the loss of a loved one physically or emotionally or maybe just tough times in general, this time of the year will really get to you.

I know it is getting to me. When I feel this way I go to the gym that's my crutch, but my body needs at least a few days off from intense training I do I just pour all my emotions into the weight room and let loose and haven't taken more than a day or two off in the last probably 4 months. So when you don't have your crutch it makes it seem that much harder. I have been going to a few AA meetings here and their just not sure how I feel about it yet. I'm glad that their is this website where it seems easier to talk to people. I have to admit I haven't been the happiest person lately. I keep thinking I've done nothing with my life most of my friends have kids and are married or have careers and I'm just a 26 year old line cook whose single now and having to move back into my moms house next week due to a recent break up. On top of all that now that I've been single for a month or two however long it's been I can't seem to meet any women these days because I don't do the bar scene and haven't had any luck on dating websites maybe I need to find myself first before I find someone else maybe this is someone telling me something.

**** man it's been tempting to drink it's around me so much working in a kitchen especially tonight on Xmas eve. I just keep telling myself you can have one or you can go back to drinking causally. That's not the ******* case though. I know if I went back I would go as hard as I go in the gym on that booze and it wouldn't be pretty. I don't need another DWI or anymore jail time I got that **** out of the way when I was 19. I just wanted to write a few things because I've been thinking a lot lately and don't any sober people in life I can talk to. This isn't a easy path and I think we all knew that heading into this but you can't always do it alone as much as I have a tough approach to life which you should in some cases I'm a very emotional person and leave that in the weight room or in my apartment. That was how I was raised, I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays though and fighting the good fight this year in soberity. I've been trying to pray more which I need to work on. I have a lot to work on as I'm sure most of us do especially around this time of year but I'm happy to be here to say the least. When I think of certain things that make me happy I think of the ones of lost and who aren't here and try to enjoy the moment even more because I know that that could be me I could be gone one day which I will but you never know. It's a weird and crazy place we live in nowadays I'm not that old but I'm sure you can all see how fast things are changing and how different things have become in such a short period of time. I'm stuck though in a weird place in my mind. I don't want to keep you guys reading for too long I could go on for a long time. I'm just happy this website is here and trying to be happy around this time of year with everything going on. Merry Xmas to all and a Happy New Year!
Old 12-25-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Brad day 631 is amazing the holidays can be tough but with SR here 24/7 youl always someone to reach out to

Your doing great
Old 12-25-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All in due time buddy. I've had a few tough breakups and boy did it hurt. But eventually I got over them and moved on. You've done good getting this far and now life's throwing you a little bit of a curve ball but you'll adjust and find someone that fits even better. Married life with kids is great but sometimes I think "what I wouldn't give to be 26 and single again..." :-) Merry Xmas man!
-Ted
Old 12-25-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Hey brad, you already know it but I'm going to say it anyway, drinking isn't going to make anything better. You're going thru some tough times but time will sort that out. Unfortunately, patience isn't one of our virtues so it'll be rough for awhile. But hang in there.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time!
Old 12-25-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Brad, remember this isn't your first Sober Holiday, you made it before, and you can do it again!!

Day 631 is fantastic!!
Old 12-25-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Soberwolf this website has helped me more times than I can count it's really a savior sometimes just to hear from you guys and your opinions. Lorax your right I need to need to be happy for what I have and enjoy the single life now because that could change at any moment and my mom said the same thing about the curve ball, I just suck at hitting period so this is a tough strikeout. JD1639 yea I'm usually good at being patient but man it seems like things have been dragging lately and I just want to move on to greener pastures. Thanks purples night your right this isn't my first time so I know I will make it through just tougher than last year but it's building character. Thanks to everyone else who left their opinion or read my thread. Thanks again
Old 12-25-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Brad,
Merry Christmas & Congrats on your 631 days, that is truly awesome!
That is quite an accomplishment, you may not realize it, but it really is!

If you are unhappy with the way your life is going ---- then CHANGE it! You have lots of time, 26 is young, you have a lifetime ahead of you.
Pick one thing you want to change, and do it, little by little.
Take a course at the local community college, maybe find something that interests you and train for a new career if that is what you choose.

Have you tried www.meetup.com ? Maybe you could find an interesting group and meet new people that way.

The new girl is right around the corner.......

Good luck and stay strong!
Old 12-25-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm glad you came here and talked about it, that will help.

Lots of expectations around the holidays. I've been single for 25 years, but the holidays are still a bit challenging at times.

Hang on! Try not to dwell on the negative. Finding things for which to be grateful helps me when I 'm feeling fragile.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

The end of a breakup is hard Brad, but I'm suire in time you'll look back onm it as a new beginning and not a end.

Drinking won't help one bit - but staying sober will

Keep reaching out here - SR saved me several times too

D