SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I would have had a beer by now (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/381533-i-would-have-had-beer-now.html)

JD 12-24-2015 11:10 AM

I would have had a beer by now

It's 1:00 PM on Christmas eve. For as many Christmas that I can remember I would have had my first beer by now in anticipation of the evenings activities. Drinking those beers while preparing the meal and getting ready. Then wine at dinner and more beer afterwards.

What a difference this year will be. I'm really looking forward to my club soda and lime.

Merry Christmas everyone and make it a great sober one!

PurpleKnight 12-24-2015 11:15 AM

Fantastic Jd!! Have a Merry Sober Christmas!! :You_Rock_

MelindaFlowers 12-24-2015 11:24 AM

Many similar thoughts and memories today. I think I am Most looking forward to waking up on Christmas without a hangover.

Dharma33 12-24-2015 11:25 AM

Great, JD! :grouphug:

SoberLeigh 12-24-2015 11:29 AM

It sounds so familiar, jd.

Have a wonderful sober Christmas.

ReadyAtLast 12-24-2015 11:31 AM

Lovely post :) Merry Christmas :)

lunar 12-24-2015 11:34 AM

Last Christmas Eve, I made someone a vodka, club soda with lemon.
I made myself a club soda with lemon. They were both on the countertop,
I got busy, they looked identical. I grabbed the wrong one and took a huge swig.
Totally innocent mistake. Unfortunately, I said screw it and kept going.
This year I'm going to bed as soon as I get home from work. The end.

Choicy 12-24-2015 11:39 AM

I drank or took a pill to stop dealing with others at holiday time...and mainly to stop thinking about how much I didn't like me.
This year I take a gander at SR instead, and often!
... thank you for letting me look at myself and think I'm neither less than or more than anyOne else.
Peace to you all,
and here's hoping I get some perspective in liking, if not myself, then liking, or at least being grateful for being clean, and
right
where
I
Am.

Soberwolf 12-24-2015 12:06 PM

#Awesome Jd

Mountainmanbob 12-24-2015 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by jd1639 (Post 5705696)

What a difference this year will be.

Merry Christmas everyone and make it a great sober one!

Thank you and wishing for the same for you and your family.
Merry Christmas
from,
MountainmanBob

JD 12-24-2015 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by lunar (Post 5705719)
Last Christmas Eve, I made someone a vodka, club soda with lemon.
I made myself a club soda with lemon. They were both on the countertop,
I got busy, they looked identical. I grabbed the wrong one and took a huge swig.
Totally innocent mistake. Unfortunately, I said screw it and kept going.
This year I'm going to bed as soon as I get home from work. The end.

We don't have any vodka in the house so I think I'm safe from that one, lol. No big drinkers coming either. Just some "normies"

thomas11 12-24-2015 01:24 PM

BIL has already had his morning beers. taking nap now, its 1:30PM here. Good job JD.

ScottFromWI 12-24-2015 01:29 PM

Great to hear JD, enjoy your family today. I too would have has several beers by now, so glad I don't have to put myself through all that again.

GnikNus 12-24-2015 01:48 PM

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day would have seen me indulge in many morning and day beers. Then feeling terrible by 1:00. How to solve that problem? Yes, more beers. That seems like such a terrible way to "celebrate." Christmases were always so dark looking back on it.
Last night we went to a party and my wife (who is not much of a drinker) had wine. She's so hungover today she had to take a nap. What a strange reversal, as that was me all the time In Years past. She's the drinker now. Wow. I'm celebrating a year sober and she's out of commission in the bedroom.

teatreeoil007 12-24-2015 02:15 PM

Amen!