Notices

Introduction - Human touch needed!!!

Old 09-12-2004, 02:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Introduction - Human touch needed!!!

Hi just a quick introduction...I have been in my current relationship for approx 6 years and my partner is definately an alcoholic and can't go a day without having grass. I love him dearly but feel that things are spiralling out of control. My previous relationship of 10 years was with a sober alcoholic who attends AA and I have previously been to Al-anon meetings. However, being in a regional area it is hard to get to meetings so here I am reaching out over the internet.

In short I am sick of the drunken abuse and dread the sound of the beer caps about midday and having a drunken staggering abusive partner by 6pm. Finances are under great strain and am looking at refinancing to cover the debt but apart from wanting to put the tangible parts of my life back in order I really need to attend to my emotional needs. In part I am just looking for a little touch of humanity to enter my life to give me the confidence to stop being a crutch to an ill person, to have compassion and to look after me and stop looking out for my partner. If he falls then he will have to pick up the pieces, his 11 year old son has already left our house to live with his mother because of the drinking and I feel good that he is in a safe enrironment even though I dislike his mother...

Anyway "HELP"
Old 09-12-2004, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Hello, Stancy--Welcome to SR. It sounds like you know what you need to do. There is a Friends and Family and Al-anon forum on this site that you might want to check out. You will find a lot of people who can relate to what you are going through!

Hugs--
Old 09-12-2004, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stancy...

A very warm welcome to Sober Recovery.

This place is invaluable in that it is here for me 24 hours a day... I get honest feedback from a wide range of people... and I never have to feel like I'm "bothering" someone when I get stuck on a certain issue... (everyone takes turns holding the mirror up until I can see myself clearly.. ;o)

Keep coming back until the miracle happens...
Old 09-12-2004, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Stancy and welcome!
Sounds like you have a direction of where you want to go and what you need to do to heal you. That's a huge plus! Need a bit of support, human touch, and friendship? Well your in the right place! Please visit our Friends and Family forum as well!