Notices

Feeling lonely

Old 12-25-2015, 11:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry if I misinterpreted what you said (ie,' I've been looking at some of the girls in AA also I'm an old dog.') It's one of the downsides of internet communication compared to face to face, so it it was just a joke, I apologise.

I suppose I am a bit protective, as I remember what it was like as a newcomer, and I owe my fellow AAers a LOT. (Not just the women - the men can be just as vulnerable).
Old 12-26-2015, 12:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've said it many times that had I thrown myself into the dating pool again any sooner than I did I would have been inflicting myself on someone.

I had a good deal of deconstruction/reconstruction work to do before I invited anyone to share my life, even briefly....I'd been 'me me me ' for a long long time...

Good thing old dogs can still learn new tricks

D
Old 12-26-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Chrcarlson!!

Old 12-26-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I Agree

I was new and some of the men would not leave me alone Now I only attend women meetings!UOTE=Beccybean;5703970]Please, don't objectify the women in the rooms of AA. They're there to recover and get their lives back together, not to be eye candy to any men there. It wouldn't have been an easy decision for them to go to AA, and if you're in the fellowship you should be thinking of all there in a more respectful way.

You don't sound lonely to me - just hungry for a distraction. One thing we learn in AA as we recover is how to stop using people to patch problems. If you want to get well it's best to listen to that advice about steering clear of relationships in the first year.

Wishing you well in your recovery.[/QUOTE]
Old 12-26-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

"My life has become unmanageable and I want to share it with you."

Such a bad way to start relationships.

I am single by choice, though I've had a few marriage proposals. Nowadays I'm really upfront about the fact that I'm not looking to get married. I hope you will get to that point, too. Tell them on the first date that you are not interested in marriage. It will weed out the women who are, and then hopefully you don't have this same problem again.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think it was Christmas and being new to sobriety-just felt real lonely. I didn't contact the ex girlfriend and decided not to for the near future. It is almost as hard as not drinking. I have mixed feelings but hope she can find someone to give her what she wants. She deserves it. Even before my post I've pretty decided not to date a recovering alcoholic ever. That may change but it seems like mixing fire with gasoline. I can't date a heavy drinker, really don't think dating a moderate drinkers is a good idea. The dating pool is getting smaller. Anyway all that is in the future and I probably shouldn't be thinking about it today. I think I'll just not drink today, catch a meeting and try to do something to improve my lot. That's a full day any how.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

BTW- I've hear some of the fellas talk about the 13'th step. I was disgusted by it. Sorry for the ladies that have been mistreated. I'm new but if there is anything I can do to stop such behavior I will. That much has always been in my nature.