Notices

Day 2

Old 12-21-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Well I'm day 2. Been eating really clean and took the dog for a walk and have gone to the gym. But I'm already thinking about NYE and feeling depressed that i can't go out and have fun like a normal person. My friend is in town just a few days over new year and I canceled my plan to see her because she's a party girl and I have no self control. I know my physical and emotional well being has to come before anything, but it's hard. It's also embarrassing. Embarrassing that my husband can't go out for drinks with his wife and enjoy the time like a normal couple.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Did you get that throwing up blood thing checked out?

D
Old 12-21-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah I did, it was from throwing up. It wasn't serious apparently but it seriously scared me, actually you just saying that has brought me back to reality, if I go out nye and drink and throw up blood again will that night on the drink be worth the fear and anxiety, no way. Thank you for the wake up.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think you made a good choice for NYE. I'm the designated babysitter for my partying friends. And I'm more than happy to bake cookies and watch a movie with the kiddos.
You'll get to the point that your husband can take his wife out for a drink like a normal couple. She'll just enjoy an iced tea on the date while having a normal conversation.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah your right, thank you. I do want to get to that point. My recent sober stint of 2 months we were that couple, he drank I drank tea and it was great, no arguments.
Nye is just another day, I need to not buy into the hype surrounding it.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Throwing up blood is a really serious matter ppl have died because of that sorry Shanti I'm saying this as I thought it wasn't serious & I nearly ended up dead because I didn't realise how massive of a red flag that was sorry if I sound cautious but do not think throwing up blood is not serious I'm not saying your not btw x

Congrats on day 2 rootin for you
Old 12-21-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey sober I completely understand what you are saying, I'm very thankful in my case it wasn't serious but I do understand that it can be life threatening and I don't want to ever experience it again. Just thinking about how scared I was at that moment is keeping me motivated and the desire to go out and party at nye has passed
Old 12-22-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

That's exactly what I'm saying mine wasn't life threatening so i carried on because it wasn't serious it will keep worsening from here on in if you ever drink again sorry for sounding concerned but I've litrelly been there done that

4 Dr's around my hospital bed I can't stop vomiting blood & thier discussing wet brain because when it first happened it wasn't that serious

I'm 33 if I was told at 29 the things that would happen to me through years 30-31 I would of laughed & said yeah that will never happen to me

Scary thing is it did don't make the same mistake I did Shanti sorry for being concerned I really am rootin for you
Old 12-22-2015, 12:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you, I appreciate the concern and your story scares me. I'm not going back. I will not drink again.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 2 is fantastic!! Keep it going!!
Old 12-22-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think you should feel embarrassed because you and your husband can't go out for drinks like a normal couple. You can, of course you can. You don't need to drink alcohol to go out with people and have fun. However, it might take awhile before you are comfortable being around alcohol. It took me quite awhile, but I love going out with friends.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You're not missing much, by not drinking. Think of all the bad things that happen when you drink. It's not worth it.