Notices

I hated everyone yesterday

Old 12-19-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I hated everyone yesterday

Today is a better day. I was full of anger yesterday so even though I'm out of my area I found a meeting and was welcomed by this group of strangers. I explained my anger at everyone that can drink "normally" and they understood me. It's nice to be in a room with people that are as screwed in the head as you are with regards to booze.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post about AA here as I'm new to the board (and trying to stop drinking) but just for today I don't want to drink.

I have a meal out later as its my partners bday. Then a pub lunch with family tomorrow. It will be a challenge. I'm afraid but determined. I miss my wine!!!!
Old 12-19-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're very welcome to post about your experience in AA here Kaz.
I'm really glad you found a good group and it helped

D
Old 12-19-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Emotions can be really up and down in early recovery. It's normal. Just don't drink and it will get better with time.
Old 12-19-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

You done great Kaz
Old 12-19-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are going to have those days, but the more sober days you gain, the fewer you will have. I have also learned that some of those people we thought were "normal" drinkers are drinking well beyond what is considered moderate (2 per day for men and one for women, standard serving size).
Old 12-19-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I miss the wine too but I'm reminding myself why I want to be sober constantly. It's definitely helping. Make a list of all the reasons that sobriety is the better choice - what do you want out of it? Read it over and over. Go gently X
Old 12-19-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Think about if you'd really want to be a "normal" drinker. That's 1 or 2 drinks. Me, there's no way I'd want to be a normal drinker. If I'm going to drink I'd want a real buzz. And that's a lot more than 1 or 2. And where I am now a real buzz is not in my best interest. So that only leaves one option. Don't have that first drink.
Old 12-19-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dismember

That anger is a real common thing. I know it all too well. As was said, over time, when you start seeing more and more positive changes in your life due to sobriety it starts to go away. I look forward to every time I turn down a chance to drink the way I used to look forward to having one--that's gratefulness almost every hour of every day.

You made it here instead of drinking. You went to a meeting instead of drinking. Your rendevous might be a challenge, but you're already doing the right stuff. You can do it.